Monday, March 8, 2010

Bollywood Gossip... Monday!

Well, today is my last day of vacation - I'm slowly getting over my jet lag and should be ready to rock it back to work tomorrow.

First things first, what is with all the stories about Bollywood actresses going size zero?

The New York Daily News and The Times (South African) have both had recent articles on it among others.

Dudes -
I covered it way back in October 2009!

And
really, Deepika? You don't believe in size zero? I find that a little hard to believe.

"Correct me if I am wrong, but I personally feel that the Indian body type is not cut out to be size zero. I am not size zero and I don't believe in that either."

The only reason Deepika isn't size zero is because she's too tall...

Anyways.. Gossip! Gossip! Gossip!

* K.Jo. and Nikhil Advani
bury the hatchet! K.Jo. introduced the upcoming Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai!

* Amitabh Bachchan will be doing a film with
Raj Kumar Santoshi called The Outsider.

* Arjun Rampal is playing the villain in
Ra.1!

And
Akon is singing for SRK!

Shah Rukh hums one of Akon’s recent chartbusters and you wonder why he doesn’t sing for himself. SRK laughs, “No, I can’t sing. I did some lines for myself in Josh, but that was not real singing. If Akon can sing for me, why should I?”

Can we all just swoon a little bit for Shahrukh?!

* Arshad Warsi is going to
direct!

"There is humour with seriousness. I wouldn't say that it is going to be like a Kaminey. The film starts with the last scene of the film, then goes here and there, then it jumps up and down. As a director, it is the most difficult script to work on. I've got the picture in my head and so I have decided to direct it. If I give it to someone else, and if he doesn't get the clear picture, chances are there the film can go very wrong. It's tough film to direct."

This should be good! Arshad is known for picking unique scripts and I have a feeling with him directing, the promise of something like
Anthony Kaun Hai or Waisa Bhi Hota Hai Part II will be more fully realized.

* The
Times of India cheers the new generation of feisty heroines!

The in-your-face brazen beauties are comfortable in their skin and attire. The Shonali (Deepika Padukone) of Karthik Calling Karthik (2010) not only looks gorgeous and discusses how many boyfriends she's had, but also makes the first move in asking her beau to kiss her in a stark role-reversal.

* Although just because films have feisty heroines doesn't mean that the actresses don't get
harassed - like poor Bipasha Basu did.

Or
Sarah Thompson.

* Bebo gifted
3 lakhs to a village in Madhya Pradesh.

* Akshay Kumar does yet
another death defying stunt!

The scene was shot with the camera in the chopper above and involved Akshay performing underwater stunts. After making all the preparations with the camera, chopper and lighting, it was found that it’s a high tide day and that it was very risky for Akshay to do the stunt, But knowing Akshay Kumar and the daredevil that he is, Akshay refused to postpone the scene and performed it in spite of it being dangerous and if the unit members are to be believed, Akshay did it brilliantly.

Of COURSE he did it brilliantly.

* Salman Khan and Prachi Desai are going to be paired opposite each other in an
upcoming ad.

* American film
American Empire will feature John Abraham and Arjun Rampal!

* Lara Dutta:
not very friendly.

Also, Lara Dutta:
Pissing off Bips by doing her own exercise DVDs.

* Ekta Kapoor is addressing the
Wharton School of Business. I have such respect for Business Tycoon Ekta!

* Anu Malik is doing the music for
Tees Maar Khan

* I really want to
be linked up with hang out with Vidya Balan! She has such a great sense of humor...

Filmfare awards winner Vidya Balan has been linked with almost all her co-stars, the most publicist being Shahid Kapoor. And if you think she is disturbed by those rumours, think again. The truth is that she enjoys reading her link up stories.

*
Break Ke Baad started filming today! It's been too long without a new Kunal Kohli film!



Deeps and Akki at the Lavassa Car Race for Women!



You know Akshay loves his ladies.....!

*Takes names for Akshay No. 1 Ladies Fan Club!*

1 comment:

ajnabi said...

I'm glad Deepika says she doesn't believe in size zero, even if she doesn't look it. Sometimes people just get stuck on a number, yk? Although you know I'm not a fan of the jutting ribcage.

Poor Bips and Sarah. :-/ That really sucks.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl