Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday Gossip: (Another) Snow Day Edition!

Welcome, welcome!

My hands may be chilly and there might be a blizzard outside but that won't stop me from bringing you the latest news!



This is what it looks like outside right now... (Picture courtesy of
Happy Monkey)

* Karan Johar is working with the
Mumbai Police to make sure My Name Is Khan releases on time. Arrests have already been made--over 1000 people.

* Shahrukh Khan's innocent comments about signing his
body scan for a couple of girls at the airport have caused a fuss. But the airport is claiming the scans don't exist.

* Koko is
feeling confident about Atihi Tum Kab Jaoge.

* If this is true, I'll be spending many cents to listen to
Bebo's Bubble Messages.

Amitabh has jumped on the
voice blogging thing, too.

* I promise you this will be the best news you hear all day:
Kunal Khemu in GOLMAAL 3!!!!!!!

"Golmaal, golmaal everything's gonna be golmaal!"

* This just in:
I Love Arshad Warsi.

Arshad’s movie journey was a roller-coaster ride where he went from being a director’s sidekick to a star. In the 11-year interim between 1988 and 1996, this natural-born-dancer [and is he EVER! *dies* - FG] floated his own dance troupe (married fellow dancer Maria Goretti) before landing himself the lead role in ABCL’s Tere Mere Sapne alongside Chandrachud Singh. The movie brought him bouquets and a swollen head.

Believing in his myth, as most actors do, Arshad became the common-place hero signing on tripe films, many of which are still in the cans.
Hero Hindustani, Mujhe Meri Biwi Se Bachaao, Jaani Dushman — the list of his flops far outlived his instant stardom ... and as in the game of snake and ladders, he rolled the dice wrong.

Seven years later he was resurrected by Raj Kumar Hirani who introduced him as Munnabhai’s ‘sidekick’ — the inimitable Circuit — in
Munnabhai MBBS.


I just have three words for haters: "Naach Meri Jaan."



* For all that Hollywood claims to be so progressive - I swear that there are more female directors in Bollywood.
Reema Kagti has her next two films lined up!

*
Star Box Office asks where the Deols are--and audiences don't care.

* Bipasha is set to play
Sita in an adaptation of the Ramayana opposite Ajay Devgan.

This will be fabulous.

11 comments:

leeqa said...

Oh Bebo Bubbly message sounds awesome!

And SRK was obviously joking when he said that thing on the Jonathan Ross Show. They don't have printers at the scanning machines, do they? and nobody scans people when they are flying in. SRK was just doing a comical bit to divert the conversation away from the Newark incident.

Simran said...

OH MY GOSH !!! I CANNOT BELIEVE ITT !!! I AM THE HAPPIEST PERSON ALIVE RIGHT NOW!! Filmi Girl you just made my day !!!

I CANNOT WAAAAAAIT UNTIL I GET TO SEE A NEW KUNAL KHEMU FILM!!

THANKS FILMI GIRL !

Okay, I'm done now. :)

Christine Menefee said...

Oh, my! Oh, oh my! The boy really CAN dance. Thanks so much for the Naach Meri Jaan. I wish I had a snowbank here to jump into.

Your blog is such a good education for me.

And of course the printout comment was a joke, exactly - to divert the conversation. Worked, too.

Wasn't Reema Kagti the director of Honeymoon Travels? I adore that movie.

Ami said...

I wonder if vogging will catch on or it'll just be a flash in the pan. I'm sure KJo will love it tho.. :P

SRK and his sense of humour..LOL. Believing in that body scan gag is like believing he and Karan pushed Kajol down just so MNIK will be a hit. What absurdities. But BAA is more than a little touchy on the subject of the machine coz the a section of the public is really against it.. and looking at the test scan, I don't wonder why!

"We will be what we are"
Okkkay..Sunny, pls go on being what u are. Like I care.

ramona said...

What is the point of your Deol item? Fine, you don't like them, but do you really have to disrespect them that way? Granted, they aren't superstars like SRK and Aamir, but they do have their own fanbase. Dharmendra and Sunny have been in some of the the most successful films in Bollywood history. Furthermore, if you don't care, why even post about them?

Filmi Girl said...

@ramona - I didn't actually write that Deol item, I just posted the link. That's how these gossip posts work. :) I hope that clears things up for you.

ramona said...

i meant they way you worded it. i know you just link the news. you clearly don't care for them, why even link it?

Filmi Girl said...

@ramona Oh - well, I thought it was funny. Clearly you didn't agree... :)

Ami said...

I wish I could tell ramona to stop picking on the Deol item, but this is not my blog so I won't. What I want to say is, gossips r here to be enjoyed. I clearly don't agree with the BAA and UK officials jumping about over SRK's joke in Wossy's show but I'm not gonna ask the blog mistress to stop posting links on it. Take a chill pill, babe ;)

eliza bennet said...

God it has been days since I managed to go on line and your blog is one of the things I have missed most!


I'm happy with the Ajay & Bipasha news - I have not seen them in All the Best but I have a feeling (based on their pics) that these two have good chemistry.

shell said...

I didn't realize that Arshad was on Tere Mere Sapne, it's very interesting. Also, I honestly wouldn't have thought he was such a good dancer. I love Arshad and am excited by learning this about him.

I guess all those fangirls who were jealous over not having body scans can breath a sigh of relief!

I laughed at the Deol remark. Oops.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl