Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday Gossip!

Just 3 more days until I leave for Mumbai!!!

Let's see what the gossip papers have for us today!

* I've been pretty quiet on the
Karthik Calling Karthik front just because I really dislike Deepika Padukone but enjoy an interview with a grumpy Farhan Akhtar!

Is KCK all about attaining self confidence?
To a certain extent 'Yes'. It's about people believing in you and having confidence in you only when you have belief and confidence in yourself. If your attitude towards life is relatively pessimistic and if you don't believe that you have the ability to achieve something, that's really how the world will perceive you as at the end of the day.


Here is another one:

What’s with this schizophrenic behaviour you display? You are usually a party boy but when you work, either when acting or directing, you become all reclusive and incommunicado?
The thing is, and most of the people I know also say this, I am an extremist. When I am working I don’t want to know about anything else. When I want to party, I don’t want to work. So when I go on a holiday, more often than not, I won’t answer my phone. I really have to be pushed to deal with work when I am on a holiday. Similarly when I am working on the script of a film, I really don’t want to go out, I don’t want to do things which are going to takeaway my energy from what I really should be focusing on.


Mostly I'm excited that the promos for
Housefull will be airing with the film. If there is one man who will always own my heart - it's AKSHAY KUMAR!

* Read
an interview with my beloved Akshay discussing his endorsements!

In Hari Om Productions, you’re a businessman. Do actors make good producers?
AK: A businessman of commercial cinema, that’s what I am, the main criteria is to make an entertaining film. I want my producers and distributors to earn money. I would not try my hand at businesses I’m not familiar with or confident about. Like trading in the stock market. I know nothing about that. Or buying a cricket team in the IPL. Actors make good producers because when you use your own money, you tend to make sure that nothing and no one stands in your way of making the best film possible. It’s a Hollywood formula. Actors in the West only produce films they’re working in. You know, then, that the film will be completed because you’re in control of things. Your price is also zero. You get what your film earns. That’s what your worth is.


* Akki is also doing a
cameo in Riteish Deshmukh's Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai as a spoiled actor!!!

* Preity Zinta says she isn't doing any more films until
after IPL.

* Another film I can't wait for:
Once Upon A Time in Mumbai!! Gauher Khan will be doing a Helen-style item number in it!

* It's not the point of
this article but I can't believe some people didn't like Bips and Ranbir together in Bachna Ae Haseeno!!! They were the highlight of the film! Also, they should do more films together.

* Mani Ratnam thinks
Vikram is going to be the next big thing in Bollywood. Yeah... I don't know about that but I have to admit that I'm looking forward to Vikram's Ravaan much more than Abhishek's.

*
Teen Patti is going to debut Shakti Kapoor's daughter Shraddha!

*
Stardust's description of Vivek Oberoi's entrance to a film event is priceless!

However, the guys were more interested in his sophisticated bike Ducati, on which he made a filmy entry to the mall, which was full by then with his fans and well- wishers. The Oberoi boy was dressed in black and looked dashing on the occasion of the music launch of the film.

*
Shruti Hasaan is doing playback for a Sandalwood film!

*
Kalki Koechlin gets a makeover in Harper's Bazaar India!

*
India Today takes some pleasure in mocking Esha Deol:

Then followed the year- long hiatus, where she was rumoured to have gone to rehab in New York for a drug problem. Though her disappearing act got mixed reports from both her manager and family, the rumour didn't help her sagging career in an industry where a star's reputation is supreme.

*
Neil Nitin Mukesh is playing Piggy Chop's youngest husband in Saat Khoon Maaf!

1 comment:

veracious said...

I think Vikram's not going to be the biggest thing in Bollywood because the industry's type of star has become a young, fit man, and while Vikram can do "fit" very, very well, he can't magically de-age 20 years. Dude doesn't look too old (actually I think he can look younger than Salman or Aamir), don't get me wrong, but I think it isn't likely that he'd become all the rage at this point.

As far as talent goes, he could, no problem, but I think the industries want different things out of their stars and Vikram is perfect for Kollywood, not Bollywood.

Haha, word verification for this comment: hyped

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl