Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday Gossip!

Good morning, everyone!! In case you hadn't figured it out, I am in Washington, DC and we are currently buried under a huge mountain of snow with more to come. Power (and Internet) have been spotty so please forgive my radio silence.



(Photo by
Photo Phiend)

This is what I'm dealing with!

Thankfully, my sister and I have stocked up on wine, so we should see out the next blast of snow in a fine alcoholic haze.

On Sunday - before I got bored with the film - I participated in the
Striker watchalong, which was a lot of fun! I hope we can do something like that again and I commend Studio 18 for putting the movie on youtube for a reasonable fee. I would definitely rent from youtube again.

Here are a couple of
Striker write-ups: ...So They Dance and Paisa Vaisool or Not and Minai's Cinema Nritya Gharana (the last one comes closest to what I thought about the film)

Okie-dokie! Let's move on to the real dirt...

* Vidya Balan loved playing a bad girl in
Ishqiya:

"You know, I have got some really strange messages around Ishqiya. While it is understandable when someone comments that there is this light aggressive sexuality that I bring on screen in the film, one producer actually came to me and said that he never believed I could be so - hold your breath - raunchy! Can you beat that?"

* And one more reason I need to get off my butt and see
Ishqiya: Pakistani actor Salman Shahid, who stole scenes in Kabul Express, is in it. I don't like the framing of this article about him, though. The headline and everything make it sound like Arshad is bigot or something...when clearly he is not:

"I wasn't aware about his casting and when I saw him on the sets, I exclaimed - 'arrey, aap yahaan?' It was nice to reconnect with him once again after Kabul Express. Apart from being a fantastic actor, he is also a very nice human being."

* Akshay Kumar's adorable son Aarav is a
budding enivronmentalist.

No wonder, it appears that kids and teenagers have taken up the matter in their own hands and are doing whatever little that is possible to create awareness about fighting the menace of global warming. In fact Aarav was recently awarded for 'Excellent Contribution by a Child' for his involvement in the reduction of global warming. Apparently he asked Akshay Kumar to adopt a village that didn't have electricity and persuaded him to supply them with solar lanterns and other energy saving devices.

HOW CUTE!!!

* I can't stress the awesomeness of this enough: Kirron Kher is doing
wirework with Akshay Kumar in Action Replayy (the extra 'y' is for yipee!)

* Vipul Shah is guarding the look of
Action Replayy so it will be a while before see Kirron on the wires...

* Vijay and Asin are going to reunite in a
Bodyguard remake.

* Read a cute interview with
John Abraham!

So, what character you are playing at the moment?
I am not working for the past six months. So at the moment, I am John Abraham only (smiles).

Surely you don't enjoy being 'John Abraham' all the time...
That's why; I enjoy films more than modeling as they are more dynamic for me. Modeling was good at one point of time. I remember, I used to get off at Mumbai airport and take a boarding pass for Goa for a Wendell Rodricks show; come back at the airport and take another pass for a JJ Valaya show. So the movement was much more...it was fun at that time. But after that, there was a graduation for me which, I think, was a natural progression.


* Are Deepika and Shahid
dating?!?!

STRIKER SUCCESS PARTY!



Sidd with Padmapriya!



ANNIVERSARY BASH!



It's just an excuse to post this picture of Juhi and Sridevi!



And Anil!



And Suniel!

2 comments:

ajnabi said...

I was literally typing a tweet asking you where you were when I saw this show up! :-)

After those pix at that award show, and Deepika saying she was in a relationship a couple weeks back, I wondered if her s.o. might be Shahid. Oooh, maybe they could get married and have little dimpled dancing babies! Not that I'm rushing them or anything. ;-)

How is it Suniel remains so hot the older he gets?

ajnabi said...

Oh, yeah, and thanks for the link!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl