Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday Gossip!

The day is here!!!! I leave for Mumbai today - so, updates may be patchy for the next week. I'll try to pop in and update with pictures and things!

For now, here is your daily round-up of stories!

* Kangana Ranaut
says that she is done with 'relationships.' You're preaching to the choir, sister!

* Arshad Warsi is getting a well-deserved
3 crores for Golmaal 3.

* Shahid Kapoor is doing a
Michael Jackson Tribute at the Filmfare Awards.

* Vikram
talks Raavan:

“I play the hero in one version and the villain in the other. We’re shooting it in Telugu as well. As the roles I play are diametrically opposite, I feel like I’m doing three Mani Ratnam films."

(
Ravaan will be premiering at the IIFAs in Seoul this year! Maybe.)

* Tina Munim and her husband are throwing a party at one of the
suburban five star hotels in Mumbai. If this is at MY hotel, I will die. Also, if it's not, I will find it and then die.

* Reviews are starting to come in for
Karthik Calling Karthik. Like I told Ajit last night, it's not that I will refuse to see a film because Deepika is in it - I liked her well enough in Chandni Chowk to China - but when a film gets reviews like this, which basically outlines everything I want to know about the film and why I won't like it, I'm not inclined to see it and her performance is just one more reason not to go.

The film is meant to be a thriller, but as I said before, there are hardly any edge-of -the seat moments. The narrative is a little bumpy and some of the dialogues are unintentionally funny.

Okay, a thriller that doesn't thrill - not winning any points with me...

But watch this film for Farhan Akhtar, and his performance as Karthik. In some places he reminded me of Naseeruddin Shah in Sai Paranjpe’s “Katha”, where Shah plays a similar meek, submissive character. He carries the film even through its bumpy moments.

I'm not a big fan of understated acting, so this isn't going to hook me, either.

Deepika Padukone tries her best and looks ravishing, but her acting still feels laboured.

And the killing blow! Ba-zinga!

But in the interests of balance,
here's another one that's more positive:

The chartbusting songs provide a li'l bit of relief from the slow pace, but the undercurrent of the tension onscreen remains – which is both good and bad.

SEE YOU IN MUMBAI, FOLKS!!!

5 comments:

martoufmarty said...

Have fun! Stalk lots of stars for us! Take lots of pictures!

And know that we're all jealous.

shell said...

Ahhhh! I am so jealous and excited for you. Hope you have a blast and get to swap wardrobe recommendations for Akki with Twinkle! Can't wait to see and hear all when you get back!

MsBlogger said...

I hope you have a good time... I'm not as excited about Karthik Calling Karthik anymore.

I'm looking forward to Shahid's MJ tribute and haha at what Kangana said.

Arshad Warsi is- in my opinion- getting paid a reasonable amount there, good to see that!

Kiran said...

Have fun in India!! Do pop in here once in a while though. And remember...no matter how prepared you are - be ready for a huge culture shock :D.

Simran said...

Have fun in India!!! Hope you have the time of your life! :D

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl