Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thursday Gossip!

Let's get right down to it!

I know there has been bad news and troubles floating around Bollywood, so let's start with something that should cheer you up... AN INTERVIEW WITH BEBO!

* Screenindia talked with the luscious Bebo and captures some of her finest moments!

We get a rundown of her diet (Though she would rather munch on a packet of Masala Kurkure, Kareena Kapoor carefully follows her diet of eating small healthy meals every two hours.)

She talks advertisements: So as reported, is she one of the highest-paid when it comes to brand endorsements? “Well, every actor gets what he deserves and the ad guys know that."

And 'size zero': "It's good to know that people are influenced by my size, but except for the Sony Vaio laptop which I endorse, it annoys me when “Size zero”, a term associated with me, is used for other products.”

And working with Ranbir: As for doing Imtiaz Ali’s film, she wonders. “But isn’t he taking Ranbir for that film? How can I work with my brother? All the heroines should thank me for not being able to do the film, for that way they get a chance to work with him !” she laughs.

Can somebody please make a two hero film starring Ranbir and Kareena as a brother-sister who are also secretly top criminals but then Ranbir falls in love with a lady cop and is tempted to turn them in on the day of a really big robbery? Also, Kareena will be paired opposite a mild mannered museum curator (Kunal Kapoor) who she is scamming in order to gain access to the valuables but secretly he knows and doesn't care because HE'S IN LOVE WITH HER!

* Another treat for you: a Karan Johar rant!

“Why should I praise other people’s films when nobody praises mine? Maybe my films aren’t worth praising. Maybe others are dream directors and I’m just a director who dreams?” says Karan bitterly, directly referring to the way colleagues bitched about his films Wake Up Sid and Kurbaan released last year, so much that both his directors Ayan Mukerjee and Rensil D’Silva have gone underground.

Aw! Well, listen to your gori internet fans: Wake Up Sid was fantastic and we loved it (and you!)

No comment on Kurbaan

* Cutie Siddharth had trouble getting out of character after filming Striker!

* Piggy Chops bitched about her wardrobe every day on the sets of Anjaana Anjaani.

* Shriya Saran is doing an item song in Puli.

* Adnan Sami is making his acting debut in a film he is both writing and directing. There will be three heroines. How does Adnan Sami consistently come up with the WORST IDEAS EVER? Do he and Himesh Reshemmiya trade notes or something?

Look, guys, there is a reason the playback singing system works so well: We don't need to watch you on film. You will never be as cute as Shahid Kapoor but it doesn't matter because we just want your golden voice (or not in the case of Himesh).

* Are bands the next big thing in film soundtracks?

* And because I can't ignore it - but I don't want to comment just yet: SRK v. Shiv Sena. NTDV, The Hindustan Times, and Stardust.

PICTURE TIME!


Vidya Balan looking smashing on the cover of Verve!


And the dynamic duo in London!



Kajol is TOO CUTE!


But poor Karan looks BEAT! *offers hugs from America*

13 comments:

rossywar said...

"Can somebody please make a two hero film starring Ranbir and Kareena as a brother-sister who are also secretly top criminals but then Ranbir falls in love with a lady cop and is tempted to turn them in on the day of a really big robbery? Also, Kareena will be paired opposite a mild mannered museum curator (Kunal Kapoor) who she is scamming in order to gain access to the valuables but secretly he knows and doesn't care because HE'S IN LOVE WITH HER!"

YES! I would totally finance that film if I were a producer or had a gazillion pounds.

Ami said...

I don't want to comment on the SS issue as yet too coz I'm currently following it with real fear for SRK's safety. I read that his children have been shifted to a friend's house and he's not allowed to come back to Mannat (coz it's in Mumbai.. whaa?). Supporting him on cyber space, like some of his twitter buddies have done, is all good and fine.. but in the physical space of the real world.. what's gonna happen?

ajnabi said...

Oh please. For the love of God and all that is entertainment WRITE THAT RANBIR-BEBO SCRIPT and find someone to make it. You've got connections now! Are Bollywood journo! :-D

I love Bebo, btw. Hey, Kareena, my jump drive is a size zero and looks JUST LIKE YOU in Tashan. Hope you don't mind.

eliza bennet said...

Have no problem in voicing my opinion on SRK vs. Shiv Sena issue:
Shiv Sena can raise an objection and voice their thoughts but it is not acceptable to scare people off watching any film and/or send veiled threats just because someone voiced an opinion different from yours. Any form of fascism is bad as far as I'm concerned.

On lighter subjects:
Kareena is hillarious as ever and I too would love to watch that Ranbir - Kareena film (just use Abhi instead of Kunal) and anyone but Deepika or Priyanka as Ranbir's love interest.

Vidya, you seem like a nice woman and an OK actress but sorry that you couldn't pull the seductress look off (imho).

Filmi Girl said...

Okay, ladies, the Ranbir-Kareena starrer is ON! *write write write*

How do we feel about Ayesha Takia for the lady cop? :D

shell said...

I can already see the money rolling in for your Kareena-Ranbir romp! Just what Bollywood needs!

I think Vidya looks very nice on the cover of Verve. Of course I always think she looks beautiful.

Poor KJo. He really does look defeated. I can't believe all of this stuff happening over there, but it't not at all surprising, given the reputation that the Shiv Sena party has. However, I didn't realize that it could potentially effect Gauri and the kids.

leeqa said...

Well, I would like to see the Bebo hero, and Bebo, both in some frames.. Oh I would so love a pair with glasses. I would so love to pay money to see both of them throw their glasses away, for a raunchy number...

Uff!

And Adnan Sami already did a movie in the early 90s, with his then-wifey Zeba Bakhtiyar... and from what I remember, the movie was a moderate success, because, perhaps, the music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAlml9IaxZI

ajnabi said...

Ooh, *yes* to Ayesha Takia! Or Anushka Sharma, I think she could handle it.

My WV is wednes. I really think Blogger should know that today is thurs.

myrna-nora said...

I like your idea, for a Ranbir-Kareena starrer. And I loved Ayesha Takia in Dor and Sunday, I would like to see her paired with Ranbir.
:)

Filmi Girl said...

Woo! I'm glad I've got so many people on board...! Clearly, what audiences want is a two hero masala film with lots of heart and songs. Because you know I'd cram the songs in there.

Maybe I can get Prabhu Deva to direct!

Daddy's Girl said...

Vidya looks awesome (I just LOVE her, she's amazing! I have a HUGE girl-crush), and the Adnan Sami movie sounds so bad it makes my belly ache. Dude is a good singer but... that's it really.
I adore Bebo's interviews... the things that come out from between those perfect lips are just absolutely, mind-bogglingly awesome! I mean, who says these things? (Bebo, that's who).
Oh, and I totally love your movie idea, and you've cast it brilliantly... now all you have to do is write that script, FG!

ajnabi said...

Maybe I can get Prabhu Deva to direct!

Yes please, also choreograph. :-D

eliza bennet said...

"Maybe I can get Prabhu Deva to direct!"

Now that is a brilliant idea!!! Seriously, please write this and send it to him.

Ayesha would be good or how about Vidya? She is not seductress (I haven't seen Ishqiya yet, opinion based on the cover) but I think she'd go well with Ranbir.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl