Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Gossip

How did this weekend zip by so fast?! I don't get it!

Not too much to report beyond speculation today...

* It's Hrithik and Katrina for
Zoya Akhtar's next film.

* Sarah Thompson Kane and Ranbir Kapoor have some
sizzling scenes in Rajneeti but they aren't going to be highlighted in the advertising because that would be tacky. So, they'll just talk about them in the press!

* Journos were
manhandled at a Karthik Calling Karthick press meet.

*
Read a fabulous interview with Tabu and fall in love with her all over again.

But seriously, what’s she been up to?

“Everybody wants to know? But I have nothing to tell them, because I haven’t been doing anything interesting. I did two films down south that released last year. I finished Banda Yeh Bindaas Hai, which is ready for release. So, I will be seen...”

So, she’s put on weight for that?

“Earlier they used to. They would ask us to get plump. Not anymore. Now, people down south are getting with it and they want Mumbai girls... They always loved me a little chubby. ‘Madam, health kavale’ (‘Madam, we want you to be healthy’ in Telugu), is what they tell me. Good for me, na. I eat all the yummy stuff I feel like."


* Enjoy some
he-said-she-said-he-said about Preity Zinta and breathlessly reported by the TOI.

* Aamir finally answers questions about
the copyright panel flareup!

You have been accused of saying that a song is a success because of the star who sings it on screen. Comment.

What was reported was not true at all. I deny it completely. As for the star part, I have always said cinema is team work. A star is totally dependent on the script. I am in this position today because of good scripts. If my director, writer, cinematographer, sound department and other technicians don't do good work, I don't do good work. If 3 Idiots worked, it is because Abhijat Joshi wrote a good script and and Raju Hirani directed it. Only then my work was appreciated in it.


I hate when people simplify films like this - of course, the script is important but so is direction, set design, dialogues, acting, and, yes, songs. If all a film has going for it is a script, it's very likely I won't make it to the end.

* Deepika Padukone wants to work with
Salman Khan.

* Hema Malini flew
economy class and made the news while doing so.

* Has anyone heard anything about
Thamizh Padam because it sounds hilarious!

* Also, apparently
Click is hilariously bad.

2 comments:

lvrplfc4l said...

Just curious, was browsing through Netflix for something streaming and while reading reviews of Dhoondte Reh Jaoge I found one by Filmi Girl just wondered if it was yours. If it was your review convinced me to watch and while I liked the movie I'd love to see Sholay Se L'gan Tak!!!

Ami said...

OMG..Kat looks so much like my idea of a young Sonia Gandhi, she took my breath away in the Rajneeti promo. And so beautiful.. *salivates*

haha..I wrote in and asked for a quote from Aamir in the link u gave us, and here it is~ (yeah, I delude myself all the time). Looks like Aamir is getting better at this PR stuff.

I want SRK and Tabu together in a 'small, unassuming' (his words) film soon (produced by Red Chillies). Mani, are u listening??

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl