Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday Gossip!

Well, well, well... some rather unsurprising news from the Aamir Khan front. He has withdrawn his resignation from the Copyright Panel. At least one article referred to him as a 'youth icon' which is kind of ridiculous, considering the man is in his 40s. Aamir has really lost a lot of my goodwill after 3 Idiots and the associated controversies... The same goes for Saif Ali Khan and his 2009 films - Love Aaj Kal and Kurbaan.

But, somehow, Shahrukh Khan manages to hold onto my love despite blatantly crass marketing decisions like his
brand association with Lux - not only a whitening cream but also, according to rumor, the company owner was involved in the suicide of the Muslim man who married his (Hindu) daughter.

Anyways... moving on, my favorite bitchy writer Subhash K. Jha takes on
Toh Baat Pakki!

To think that the divine Tabu stars in it makes the blood boil. On paper the idea of playing the busybody housewife Rajeshwari, who seems to have only one mission in life, namely to see her sister (newcomer Yuvika) married off, must have sounded like an exciting new character to explore for the brilliant actress. Alas, Tabu had not bargained for the mundane situations and the pedestrian dialogues that her character is put into.

And my favorite actor ARSHAD WARSI takes over production of
Hum Tum aur Ghost.



Check out the video coverage of the DNA After Hours Style Awards!! Highlights include Bappi Lahiri in all his glory (his style icon is ELVIS PRESLEY!) and Sushmita Sen telling us what's what! Shilpa Shetty explains that the Awards aren't Awards as much as
REwards... for all those expensive clothes she keeps buying!

And have a song promo from one of MY most anticipated films of 2010...
Prince - It's Showtime.

2 comments:

Ami said...

SRK said some of his big business decisions were sometimes made while he's watching Hannah Montana with his kids ^^; (he blamed it on his PR who keeps hovering around the house asking him for decisions even on Sundays).

From what I read, that 'rumour' was actually 'real'. I put that in quote-unquote becoz I try not to believe in realities based on communal or political issues. Besides, why drag SRK into it? Is it to make the claim of "apparently leading to the suicide" a more substantial one than it was? Anyway, business decisions are not just based on one aspect only, and as SRK said..he's more involved with the creative issues in his company than detailed business decisions.

About fairness creams..hmm, I wear them too (altho not the brand he endorses). I think a lot of people forget that fairness cream is not just used by dark-skinned people who think becoming fairer is the ideal of beauty. Some of quite fair-skinned people, like us, who carelessly get sunburn while on vacations wear them when we get back home to quickly get our natural skin tone back. But of course it's made into an issue by some groups..as is usually the case for SRK. I call him my "controversy generator".. haha

This is not me justifying what he did, btw. Shah Rukh can defend himself on his own just fine without anyone's help..as he's proved over the Shiv Sena's case :P

I don't want to blab about Aamir, or my comment will become post-length (than it already is..oops, sorry LOL)

Woah! Prince looks interesting! Thanks for the promo link. Anything from Vivek & Emran generally gets a vote from me~~

leeqa said...

Well, I've listened to Prince - Showtime's soundtrack once, and im unconvinced if Sachin Gupta can bring out the best from Atif Aslam. I was starting to like Atif over the last year, especially when he did a TV show where he sang live and experimented, a bit. The producer of that show encouraged Atif to sing with a bit of restraint and that worked. Even in Ajab Prem Atif didn't sing all out, which made that soundtrack such a delight. The restraint kinds of makes his high notes even more poignant.

However, I was a bit concerned when I was watching the Making of the said song, Sachin was encouraging Atif go all out, and (after only listen to the album i.e.) it suffers from it. O Mere Khuda song is awesome for your bubblegum-pop-rock genre and it suits Atif very much. I wish Atif restrained himself in Tere Liye a bit more...
but then, i might be wrong... :P what would I know..

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl