Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Gossip!

Good morning, all!! Just four more days until I leave for Mumbai and I am getting super-duper excited!

Until I'm living the filmi life for real, let's just see what the gossip mongers have for us today!

* Jiah Khan
turns 21! I thought she was older than that for some reason.

* Aishwarya lookalike Sneha Ullal thinks some people
guided her wrongly in Bollywood.

"I have done three films in the south and the fourth is releasing in April. In the south, people are very genuine. They will tell you the right things. I had rejected one film because I was not comfortable kissing on screen. Two months later, I got another film and I called the same director, whose film I had rejected, for some guidelines and he guided me properly. It’s unlike Bollywood. Here people will misguide you and take you in the wrong direction. That’s what happened with me."

* Bebo supports her
nutritionist friend!

"I’ve been following Rujuta’s nutrition regime for two years now, and it has worked wonders for me. She taught me that fitness lies not in dieting but in eating right. Though I am on a nutritious diet plan, Rujuta ensures that I get my fair share of pizzas and pastas and doesn’t deprive me of any food that I am fond of.”

* Katrina Kaif fought with Prakash Jha over her choice of
sarees in Rajneeti.

* Is Ranbir making a gender-reversed version of
Sargam?!

* Five Bollywood films are shooting in
Taipei this year! How exciting! I've always wanted to visit there... maybe they can get Vic Zhou, Jerry Yang, or Jiro Wang to make a guest appearance!

* Shahrukh Khan is just like your dad and
can't work his cell phone properly! HOW CUTE!

* My worlds collide and The Backstreet Boys talk to
The Hindu.

* This article on
the copyright panel is interesting for a couple of reasons. One is that the author refuses to use the term "Twitter" and instead says that quotes come from the celebs' "micro-blogging pages." Right. Second is that this isn't just an Indian problem-it's a problem with how copyright is assigned in general.

Here is a quote from Vishal of Vishal-Shekhar:

Do you know that when V/S perform our OWN songs live, we have to PAY ROYALTY to record labels? If I sing my own song on TV, then too! SHAME!

American musician John Fogarty of Creedence Clearwater Revival
ran into problems with something similar.

The American Congress tends to give more power to the record companies and huge media conglomerates who own intellectual property rather than the people who are creating. I hope India doesn't take a page out of our book on this one.

*
Don 2 is starting up in OCTOBER!

* Controversy over the
Prince - It's Showtime OST?

I just reviewed this and I thought it was a fab soundtrack!

* Finally, the India's First Transgender Beauty Queen has been
crowned! Zeenat Aman and Celina Jaitley were among the judges. Congratulations to Bobby!!

ETA:
Here is a better photo.

2 comments:

MsBlogger said...

Jiah definitely looks older than 21.
Hehe at 'micro blogging'

dishoomdishoom said...

Well, the Prince showtime controversy is old news. Before the soundtrack was released, some previews leaked and there was fuore on Atif's website forums, and the company did the responsible thing and recalled all the CDs that were already shipped out.. nothing too big!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl