Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday Gossip!

Good morning, folks! Another Friday is upon us - and this next next week I'll be in BOMBAY! I cannot wait! Don't forget to send me you favorite places to go!

* Katrina Kaif
talks about her career:

Besides awards, are you complacent as an actress with whatever you have achieved till date?

"I will steal a quote of Mr. Amitabh Bachchan, who had gone on record that he always likes to be seated behind, since only then will he be able to have the goal to go in front."


I know some of you don't like Katrina but I think she is a doll! Something about her onscreen presence really appeals to me - she has this easy-going charm. Unlike certain other actresses (and I use the term loosely) who appear stiff and robot-like onscreen, Kat always acts very naturally.

Also, she promises a
phenomenal act at the Filmfare Awards!

*
Race 2! I suppose I have to watch it now. Out from the previous cast are Bips, Kat, and Akshaye Khanna. In are Saif Ali Khan and John Abraham.

*
Read about a rare public appearance from Nanda!

Vidya Balan who was present at the screening can’t believe her luck. She said, “Nandaji was with Waheedaji! Can you imagine they’ve been friends for 45 years? When I went over to greet Waheedaji she introduced me to Nandaji. I couldn’t help but gawk. Nandaji spoke in the same melodious voice she used to talk in films. She told me she is a Capricorn, just like me. I was completely stunned by her graciousness. Later I came to know that Waheedaji, Nandaji, Shammi aunty and Asha Parekhji are very close friends. Only Ashaji was missing at the screening that day.”

* Saifu discusses
his thoughts on everyone thinking that he doesn't deserve the Padma Shri Award:

"I actually gave it a lot of thought over the last few days and strongly feel that one person tweeting and another going through it on a computer is like overhearing a conversation in a coffee shop", Saif is clearly disturbed here and he is not making any effort not to show it, "As for a few select tweets being reproduced on newspaper etc. then let's look at it this way - some people select tweets, they are published by another and edited by somebody else. Yes, people are entitled to their opinion but it does turn really nasty after all."

* Nasser, Jackie Shroff, and Dev Anand are all making a
murder mystery!

* Both Amitabh and Abhishek have been fighting off the
health rumors being printed about Aishwarya.

* The Guardian tackles
Om Shanti Om!

Despite creating some of the most beautiful cinematography ever to come out of India and breaking box office records in Mumbai, Farah Khan's blockbuster was overlooked in mainstream western press. Or, described with typically condescending cliches where it wasn't ("camp entertainer", or "colourful vibrance" if you're feeling particularly cheesy).

* Jaya Bachchan is set to receive a
lifetime achievement award at the Tongues on Fire Festival in London.

* Sonakshi Sinha is not just an actress but also an
artist!

* The real reason Aamir quit the copyright panel? Perhaps it's because he is
going to court for forming a cartel - last year's producer's strike.

As much as I hated not having new films last spring, I think the producer's were well within their rights to strike. I hope this doesn't come back to haunt them...

*
Endhiran is coming!! July or August this year!

* The Shiney Ahuja
rape case will be coming to trial soon.

* Wait a minute - how did I not realize that
Housefull is about polygamy?

* Here's a funny take on films
so bad they are good!

All the biggest stars in India today cut their teeth on rubbish films. Aamir Khan and Juhi Chawla were together in Daulat Ki Jung, where an ensemble cast goes treasure hunting. Kader Khan plays an inspector who travels in a coffin drawn by a horse. Then you have Akshay Kumar's International Khiladi, most notable for his hot shower scene with Rekha and his fight with WWE superstar Undertaker.

My favorite part is the end:
So why spend a bomb going out to see movies in 3-D? Just chill at home and enjoy these blockbusters.

My thought, exactly!

* Rekha is
walking the ramps for Patola.

5 comments:

Michael Barnum said...

Just like Vidya Balan, I would have been in heaven being in the same room as Waheeda Rehman, Nanda, Shammi aunty!

Anita said...

Housefull is about polygamy?!! Sajid WOULD do that, wouldn't he? :P

Simran said...

John Abraham's going to be in Race 2?? Now I have to watch it!

Deepika's in Housefull? Oh gosh ..

MsBlogger said...

Sajid is in his element... ;)

I agree Katrina has screen presence but I feel she needs to vary her roles and maybe even challenge herself with something like Rani's role in Black, I'd like her more if she did a role that stunned us all.

Ami said...

*raises hand* I love Kat!!

On the producer's strike, it's pretty ironic that the notice was issued to Aamir. I distinctly remember an article where some of the bigwigs (producers) said SRK and Aamir are not the front men for that show. Oh, when it's glory-hogging..they're the movers & shakers, when it comes to taking summons..everyone's keeping quiet and let "mere actors" take the blame. Typical.

Housefull is about polygamy??

Everyone's done 'rubbish' films in their long careers. And why not? Some of those are involve some very fun sequences. Who doesn't want to travel in a coffin drawn by a horse? I would..at least once in my life :P

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl