Thursday, February 11, 2010

Filmfare Nominations!

I'm supposed to be working on something else but this popped up!

FILMFARE NOMINATIONS

BEST FILM

3 Idiots
Dev D
Kaminey
Love Aaj Kal
Paa
Wake Up Sid

My pick:
Dev.D - It was a beautifully shot film, very well acted, and the story was emotionally engaging.

Likely winner: I'm putting my money on
3 Idiots.

BEST DIRECTOR

Anurag Kashyap for
Dev.D
Ayan Mukerji for
Wake Up Sid
Imtiaz Ali for
Love Aaj Kal
R Balki for
Paa
Rajkumar Hirani for
3 Idiots
Vishal Bhardwaj for
Kaminey

My pick: Prabu Deva for
Wanted but he wasn't nominated. It's a shame because Wanted was masterfully put together - from the fight scenes to the songs to the comedy.

Likely winner: I'm betting this goes to Raju but you could also argue for Vishal.

BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE (MALE)

Aamir Khan for
3 Idiots
Amitabh Bachchanfor
Paa
Ranbir Kapoor for
Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani
Ranbir Kapoor for
Wake up Sid
Saif Ali Khan for
Love Aaj Kal
Shahid Kapoor for
Kaminey

My pick: Shahid for
Kaminey. Even though I didn't like the film, I thought Shahid did a wonderful job.

Likely winner: I'm really just predicting a sweep for
3 Idiots but the Big B might take this for Paa.

BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE (FEMALE)

Deepika Padukone for
Love Aaj Kal
Kareena Kapoor for
3 Idiots
Kareena Kapoor for
Kurbaan
Katrina Kaif for
New York
Priyanka Chopra for
Kaminey
Vidya Balan for
Paa

My pick: I think this shows what a crappy year it was for female lead roles. I honestly don't have one. Koko was good in
LBC and WUS but they weren't really challenging roles. And the Deepika nom has to be a joke. So, I'm throwing my vote to Kalki for Dev.D.

Likely winner: Piggy Chops - even though her role wasn't really all that big in the film.

BEST ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE (MALE)

Amole Gupte for
Kaminey
Boman Irani for
3 Idiots
Neil Nitin Mukesh for
New York
R Madhavan for
3 Idiots
Rishi Kapoor for
Luck by Chance
Sharman Joshi for
3 Idiots

My pick: Rishi Kapoor's character lit up the screen in
Luck by Chance and if there is any justice he'll win this one. And I would have nominated John over NNM for New York! Jeez, what were people thinking?!

Likely winner: If Rishi doesn't win this one, somebody's head will roll.


BEST ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE (FEMALE)

Arundhati Nag for
Paa
Dimple Kapadia for
Luck By Chance
Divya Dutta for
Delhi-6
Kalki Koechlin for
Dev D
Supriya Pathak for
Wake Up Sid
Shahana Goswami for
Firaaq

My pick: You know I love Kalki but I'm going with Dimple here. Kalki should be up for BEST ACTRESS, yaar!

Likely winner: Again, if Dimple doesn't take this, I will be sending Akki after the judges.

BEST MUSIC

AR Rahman for
Delhi-6
Amit Trivedi for
Dev D
Pritam for
Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani
Pritam for
Love Aaj Kal
Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy for
Wake Up Sid
Vishal Bhardwaj for
Kaminey

My pick: This one was tough but I'm going with Rahman for
Delhi 6.

Likely winner: Could be Pritam for
Love Aaj Kal if they want to award the film something.

BEST LYRICS

Gulzar for "Kaminey" from
Kaminey
Gulzar for "Dhan te nan" from
Kaminey
Irshad Kamil for "Aaj din chadya" from
Love Aaj Kal
Javed Akhtar for "Iktara" from
Wake Up Sid
Prasoon Joshi for "Masakali from
Delhi-6
Prasoon Joshi for "Rehna tu" from
Delhi-6

No comment but I do love "Masakali"!

BEST PLAYBACK SINGER (MALE)

Atif Aslam for "Tu jaane na" from
Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani
Javed Ali - Kailash Kher for "Arziyan" from
Delhi-6
Mohit Chauhan for "Masakali" from
Delhi-6
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan for "Aaj din chadya" from
Love Aaj Kal
Sukhwinder Singh - Vishal Dadlani for "Dhan te nan" from
Kaminey
Sonu Niigaam - Salim Merchant for "Shukran allah" from
Kurbaan

My pick: Mohit Chauhan for "Masalki"! I love his lazy, lazy line delivery - wonderful performance.

Likely winner: Sonu for "Shukran Allah"

BEST PLAYBACK SINGER (FEMALE)

Alisha Chinoy for "Tera hone laga" from
Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani
Kavita Seth for "Iktara" from
Wake Up Sid
Rekha Bhardwaj for "Genda phool" from
Delhi-6
Shilpa Rao for "Mudi mudi" from
Paa
Shreya Ghoshal for "Zoobi doobi" from
3 Idiots
Sunidhi Chauhan for "Chor bazaari" from
Love Aaj Kal

My pick: Not nominated but I loved Shruti Patak for "Rasiya" and Banjyotsna for "Gale Jag La"

Likely winner: Probably Shreya for the song that makes my ears bleed: "Zoobi Doobi"

And we need some best guesses for Male/Female debuts!

I'm thinking a NOT AWARDED for the male debut and maybe Mahi Gill for the female

FILMI GIRL'S HONORARY CATEGORIES - lets have a poll for these!! You can vote for your favorites!

BEST VILLAIN

Prakash Raj for
Wanted
Amol Gupte for
Kaminey
Rahul Dev for
Blue/Aa Dekhen Zara
Sanjay Dutt for
Aladin
Akshay Kumar for
8 x 10 Tasveer
Mahesh Manjrekar for
99

BEST COMEDIAN

Rajpal Yadav for
De Dana Dan
Amitabh Bachchan for
Aladin
Johnny Lever for
All the Best
Archana Puran Singh for
De Dana Dan
Amit Mistry for
99

Am I missing anyone? Send in your nominations for best comedian/villain!

8 comments:

Rum said...

I would definitely say its a tie between Amol Gupte and Prakash Raj for villains!
But why two noms for Ranbir! He was much better in Wake Up Sid, but then again that's me being the eternal devotee to that film! And where's Abhay or John for best actor! Its a real shame!

Filmi Girl said...

@rum I know!!!! Don't get me started - John Abraham did a fantastic job in New York and nobody seems to want to recognize it!! Boo!

Ami said...

Why do people keep nominating Aamir when the guy clearly looks down on awards not given by the Oscar committee is beyond me. Just saying..

Sal said...

Filmi Girl, have you watched Paa? I did not like the film very much, but Vidya was marvelous in it, and it was quite a challenging part. She kept it strong, real and natural. I definitely think she deserves to be felicitated for that performance.

Tady Rox! said...

I would give my vote to:

Amol Gupte for Kaminey

eliza bennet said...

Even though I love Kaminey and Amol Gupte was very good, my vote will go to Prakash Raj for best villain.

(Akshay there was a nice touch :) and he wasn't bad in it either)

Anishok said...

Prakash Raj was such a delightful villain! Would vote for him in a heartbeat.

Daddy's Girl said...

Vidya gets my Best Actress vote (not that it matters!) - she was wonderful in 'Paa' - the best thing about the movie was her performance. Solid. My fave villain was Prakash Raj!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl