Friday, February 12, 2010

Airtel Mirchi Music Awards

We all know I like music! And music awards! Bollywood may not have Lady Gaga (next year, please!) to liven up the joint but the Airtel Mirchi Music Awards did have performances by Shahid Kapoor and Katrina Kaif and songs from KK, Sunidhi Chauhan, Rekha Bhardwaj, Himesh Reshamiya and Usha Uthup.

WINNERS [or should that be winner?]

Best album:
Delhi 6
Best song: "Masakali" from
Delhi 6

Best male vocal performance: Mohit Chauhan for "Masakali" from
Delhi 6
Best female vocal performance: Rekha Bhardwaj for "Genda Phool" from
Delhi 6

Best music director: AR Rahman for
Delhi 6
Best lyricist: Prasoon Joshi for "Masakali" from
Delhi 6

Best song arranger and programmer: A.R. Rahman for "Masakali" from
Delhi 6
Best song mixing and engineering: H Sridhar, S Sivakumar, Deepak P A and Vivianne Chaix for
Delhi 6

Best background score: Raju Singh for
Raaz - The Mystery Continues

LISTENERS' CHOICE

Best song: "Iktara" from
Wake Up Sid
Best album:
Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani

SPECIAL JURY AWARDS

Exceptional non-film music achievement: Rashid Khan for "Saeen bina darad kareje haye"

PICTURES!



Ila Arun!



My girl Hard Kaur!



iHrithik (available for download from the Apple Store)



Fardeen Khan rocking the cowboy look...




Why so sad, Akki? I'll be in Mumbai in just a couple of weeks...



Farhan Akhtar looking GQ ready!



Riteish and
Housefull item girl Jackie Fernandez!



Anil "24" Kapoor



Deepika Padukone! (Don't forget to follow her fake and hilarious Twitter feed! @padukoned !)



And
Rekha Vidya Balan!

Glamsham has a funny video compilation of the red carpet!



Who gets your vote for most insipid remarks?! Ritiesh, I know you can do better than that, sweetie. And Deepika? R.O.F.L. - yes, 2009 had some great songs.

4 comments:

Louella said...

iHrithik (available for download from the Apple Store) LOL xD

Ami said...

I was just gaping at the yumminess of Hrithik when I read that he's available for download. Gimme link!

God, Akki's like vintage wine..gets better and better with years.

Sorry, can't vote for anyone.. my brain fell asleep halfway out of sheer boredom.

rhilex said...

Downloading... downloading... lmao. I feel so bad about picking on Hrithik all the time, but he's an easy target! With his hair, there's already been Jesus jokes around, and then there's my Geico caveman pic thing... I really do love you, Hrithik!!! <3

I don't really think Vidya looks like Rekha as much as Sonam has been lately!

And holy crap, what's up with Delhi 6? I've only heard two songs from it and didn't like them at all... Oh well. At least my luffly Iktara got voted in!! =D

MsBlogger said...

Is it just me who didn't find theDelhi 6 music all that good?

I prefered the Kaminey and Three Idiots soundtracks.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl