Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday Gossip!

Okay, so those of you who follow my hilarious and enlightening tweets on Twitter (@filmigirl) know that I took a wee tumble yesterday and am now Gimpy McGee with a twisted ankle. Clearly the only cure for what ails me is lots and lots of Bollywood gossip!

Also, I am on my third cup of coffee - which is necessary because I was up until way too late watching North & South. You know how it goes... "oh, just one more episode" turns into "ILU MR. THORNTON AND CANNOT REST UNTIL YOU ARE HAPPY!"

Oh! I just remembered my imaginary movie based on North & South and starring a pre-plastic surgery Saif Ali Khan... I'm totally digging that up and re-posting.

* I like this: Director Balki (Paa, Cheeni Kum) is putting his next film on hold until after his wife Gauri Shinde makes her directorial debut! *applauds* I love when a man is MAN enough to step back and support his wife.

* This Glamsham piece on Vidya Balan manages to be both insulting and vaguely creepy while trying to be 'sexy.'

* SRK is scared of snakes but more importantly, the still from My Name is Khan used to illustrate the piece just made me TEAR UP. This is an excellent sign that the film itself will tug on every emotional heart string I have. Also, K.Jo. claims that it's not an issue film. Thankfully.

* Whoa! Katrina Kaif threw a diva fit at the Star Screen Awards - although to be fair, I think Kat deserved the popular actress category win more than Kareena Kapoor but such is the nature of show biz. We all have to put on our big girl pants and deal with it.

* Shahid Kapoor is single AND ready to mingle. *hello! waves hands to attract Shahid's attention! single here!*

* Aishwarya Rai may do a cameo in Ra.1.

* Mira Nair's Johnny Depp project is back in the news.

* Bollywood stars list their educational credentials. Did you know Sonu Sood was an engineer?!

* Is it wrong that I'm oddly excited by Rahul Bose's new film Fired? HORROR! I love HORROR! Phoonk 2 is coming out, as well... I wonder if that will be any good...

* Abhay Deol wants to film in Iraq.

* There is now a Yash Raj Tour of Switzerland. Who is coming with me?!

* Preity Zinta is eyeing American TV. We'll have to see how Anil does on 24. Maybe Pri can do a guest spot on The Big Bang Theory as Raj's sister!!!


Sometimes I feel like Shahid overcompensates in his dress sense for the fact that he is shirtless in the Chance Pe Dance promos. You can barely tell he's in there! Also, is Genelia crouching to look shorter or is that just a weird angle?


Rann PRESS MEET!


Kangana Ranaut's recent on-set sparring parter: Neetu "I'm not a Lesbo" Chandra!


Lovely and leggy Gul Panag!


Manish Malhotra FASHION SHOW! (aka a preview of what Bebo will be wearing at public events this year!)

And it's not a real fashion event without good ol' Urmila camping up the place.


I love this man. I really do.


Neha Dhupia!


Hi, Sophie!


Poor Sonam looks hungry and disheveled... although the Katherine Hepburn look could work for her.

3 comments:

rhilex said...

Am I the only one who thinks Balki was a bit arrogant in that article, when he said that 3 Idiots won best film and director just because more people watched it than Paa? And anyway, does everyone remember the absolute mob of people who attended the Paa premiere? Jeez. Someone else needs to put on his big boy pants.

And I luff KJo, too!!

Ami said...

*Mira Nair's Johnny Depp project is back in the news.*
Are we back to the slum again??

*Bollywood stars list their educational credentials.*
O wow.. these guys are more brilliant, beautiful, famous, and successful than me. I hate them.

I love KJo! He's the reason I got hooked onto twitter..demmit. And now he's dragged his SRK bhaiyya along with what looks like a list of Who's Who in Bollywood with him. I'm never getting out of this abyss now.. it's getting way to comfortable down there.

Anita said...

Oh. My. God. If Preity was ever on TBBT, I would *DIE*!!! :D

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl