Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday Goss!

Just an FYI, I started watching Dev.D last night and I'm loving it so far. I got as far as the interval before I had to go to bed but I plan on watching the rest tonight. All signs point to another winner by Anurag Kashyap!

* Katrina Kaif seems confirmed for the female lead in Zoya Akhtar's Road Movie, which means, I suppose that now I have to see it.

* I love how everyone is acting like Siddharth hasn't released a film since Rang De Basanti.

* Southern cutie Padmapriya, who is opposite Sid in Striker sounds like she is a pretty awesome chick.

Every regional film industry has its own set of requirements and I am game for it. I have no issues with skin show, if the shot is aesthetically done. I like to use my body like a prop."

* Abhishek Bachchan is doing Anurag Basu's next film. I enjoyed this very filmi quote from a "source":

"Hrithik required his father to back Kites and now Abhishek's close friend Goldie will produce his next and that the movie will be Anurag's most ambitious project till date. It truly has a genius script."

Was this "source" the scriptwriter? Oh, Bollywood and your delightfully exaggerated manner of speaking... never change.

* Rakhi Sawant - who shares my tastes in films, apparently - is threatening a hunger strike until the censor board uncensors her item song!

* This is probably the most important thing you will read all day: some poor schlub of an assistant accidentally saved Akshay Kumar's number with Akshaye Khanna's name so that Akki is getting all of Akshaye's text messages.

The whole story is hilarious but my favorite part is Akki's quote:

"However, I’m now wondering that if I’m getting all of Akshaye’s shooting alerts, how is he managing to reaching his shooting on time?"

HA HA HA!!! I like the mental image of Akshaye Khanna sitting around his house like, "Why aren't they texting me the time I need to be onset?! Have they replaced me?!" And getting all worked up about it while Akki is all, "WTF, dude." and deleting the messages as they come in.

6 comments:

Vishal said...

I'd like to see a world where Akki & Akkye swap schedules completely, and we see Khanna in all Kumar movies and vice-versa!

ajnabi said...

I'm with Vishal. I could stand to see Akshaye kick ass and Akshay be sarcastic and smirky.

Filmi Girl said...

You guys!!!! That is hilarious!

Can you imagine Akshay playing second banana to Saif in Race?! That would have given a whole new meaning to the film (and possibly I would have enjoyed it alot more - and possibly, I mean 'definitely.')

shell said...

LMAO!!! Who wouldn't want Akshaye to be replace with Akki. I'm standing here with my hand high in the air. (And, Akki would have made Race much better I think, though I don't think Saif would have been very happy about that!)

So you think that the censor board really cares if Rakhi starves herself? There's probably some stupid producer somewhere saying "maybe she'll lose some weight, let's string her along."

Beth said...

I too love the AK swap! Imagine emo Akki in Dil Chahta Hai or Gandhi My Father! Imagine doofus thug Akshaye in Tashaan! The brain, it giggles!

dink213 said...

How did you find Dev D?
wondering if I should see a new remake of a remake. Sort of liked the others although i normally don't like movies where everyone dies in the end.
And btw any movie where AKhanna is swobbed with someone else would make the movie better even if it is Akki:)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl