Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday Goss!

Nothing too big happening today but I hope I've found some silly puff pieces to catch your attention!

* Sajid Nadiawala waxes rhapsodically about Ranbir Kapoor's ice skating skills:

"Ranbir’s dedication to get it absolutely right just took our breath away. He is relentless. He had to skate alone because Priyanka had to return to Mumbai. He skated for three nights from 11 pm to 4 am in minus 6 degrees in Central Park.”

* Someone from the Guzarish sets leaked a story about how Hrithik Roshan was so good at acting that he made everyone cry with his touching performance.

* Aamir Khan pretends that he's not interested in promoting his films at all!

"I do not ask people to write about my film before the release. But before a film I am so involved in it that it takes up my whole time and thought so it is only natural that I talk more about that project.”

Pardon me while I ROFL - I kind of love the blatant falseness of this. No American actor could get away with saying something like this...

* This is actually interesting: struggling musicians sell their songs to big name music directors for cash but no credit.

* In case you hadn't heart - Rani and Vidya are doing Deepa Mehta's next.

* And here is your coffee-spitting WTF news: Sanjay Dutt and Arshad Warsi are OUT and Aamir Khan and Sharman Joshi are IN as Munnabhai and Circuit. Ugh. I don't want to see that - no Arshad = no Filmi Girl in the audience.

* Madhuri Dixit will be returning to the small screen as a judge for Dance Premiere League!

* Southie Item Girl Mumaith Khan will be singing a song in upcoming Golimaar.

* Salman Khan keeps raising himself in my affections by publicly stating that he will take full blame if Veer flops.

* Priyanka Chopra is OUT of the Italian Job remake, which is fine by me. Piggy Chops isn't great at masala-action and I would have been annoyed with her the entire way through. She should stick to doing artsy films with strong directors who can "guide" her into good performances and that I can miss without too much worry.

And for your viewing pleasure: A classic Mumaith Khan item song from Chatrapati!

6 comments:

rossywar said...

I absolutely do not believe the Aamir Khan Munnabhai story. No way would anyone mess with Munnabhai like that - it would be beyond moronic. Sanjay Dutt and Arshad Warsi are a huge part of what makes the Munnabhai series so great!!

Ami said...

I like this bit about the Ranbir news: "you know how to impress apart from your impressive impression" ..try saying that very very fast 20 times.

*Aamir Khan pretends that he's not interested in promoting his films at all!*
I've always tried very very hard to understand why he's dubbed an 'intelligent' actor. Aha.. now I know. He can get away with making so many ppl look stupid for believing in such crappy shoptalk.

Sanjay Dutt is no longer Munnabhai?? Excuse me while I go somewhere else to spew out some very very explosive expletives.

Anita said...

How is that even Munnabhai then?! Why not just scrap the whole Munnabhai idea and make an Aamir-Sharman movie if you want to instead, but WTF guys. Way to ruin a classic character combo FOREVER. ;_;

martoufmarty said...

Salman Khan ready to take the blame for Veer flopping makes me want to see Veer even more. I didn't even know that was possible.

... When does it come out???

Liz C said...

I read the whole Ranbir article, and this:
"The footage we’ve captured of Ranbir ice-skating shows his ballet-like elegance and precision. I don’t think we’ve ever got anything like this before" makes me think that Sajid Nadiadwala has a wicked dry sense of humor.

Mumaith sings?! I am sooooo there!

shell said...

WTF! I love Aamir, but who ever thinks they can make a Munnabhai film without Sanjay and Arshad is on crack. There's no other way to say it.
I'd be interested to see what Mehta can come up with for Rani and Vidya. Any movie with that much woman power behind it is sure to be a winner!
I'm not interested so much in Veer, but you have to give Salman credit for putting the film's entire success on his shoulders.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl