Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday Goss!

Hi, all!

I think I'm coming down with a cold and I'm blaming the pets, who keep waking me up early and making me go outside in the cold. *shakes fist in their general direction*

Anyways, this will be a short edition... because I'm cranky.

* Hard Kaur will make her acting debut in Patiala House with Akshay Kumar!

* Along with It's A Wonderful Afterlife, the Aamir Khan produced Peepli Live will also be at Sundance.

* The third lead of Anurag Kashyap's Bombay Velvet has been fixed! His name is Nawazuddin and was one of the guys singing "Emotional Attachyar" in Dev.D.

* Here is a cute story from the sets of Chance Pe Dance!

* And an interview with Priyanka Chopra where she discusses Pyaar Impossible. Also recommended is Veraciously's post on Uday Chopra.

* The Riteish marriage rumors were false (I knew it!) but that didn't stop Abhishek from teasing the hapless Aladin!

You know, I made my non-Bolly watching friend watch Aladin and, while she found it long, I think she enjoyed it!

Although she did comment to me within the first 5 minutes - "are we going to be watching these mullets for the whole time?" and I was all - "mullets?" because their hair seemed normal to me. It's not like anyone looked like Sanjay Dutt circa 1985

But I liked it even better the second time around - which reminds me that I need to order "Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani"!

"Aladin Aladin Kaha Hai Tere Jinn?" Kasim!! *shakes fist at Kasim*

ALSO, thank you to whoever commented on my 3I posts that Chetan Bhagat dil mange more because it got this song stuck in my head all day!


And then I imagined CB as Ganesh not content with a cycle, he wants a car! And then he flies away on a helicopter! DIL MANGE MORE! (I love the combo Hindi/English/Kannada thing going on here.)

5 comments:

aham said...

Hard Kaur is voted the among 50 sexiest in Asia.

http://movies.indiatimes.com/News-Gossip/News/Hard-Kaur-amongst-the-50-Sexiest-Asian-Women/articleshow/5416008.cms

I love the songs of Sangama esp the title song, Aagali Sangama, really good music, neways saw 'Chellata' the debut movie of Golden Star in a lead role, a good comedy, watch it u might like it.


CB wants more buz he has been paid 10 lakhs for the story while the movie is making more than hundred crores, without the story there would have been no movie, maybe CB is acting greedy, but the amt he is paid shows VVC as even more greedy who has 100 times more money than CB already.

Filmi Girl said...

@aham I know! I approve of that! And the songs for Sangama were really good. I agree!

Chellata is good, too! I reviewed it a while ago... I should re-post that. Golden Star/Rekha make a good pair, I think.

"Dil Mange More!" I should get Ganesh's t-shirt from that scene! So cute!

eliza bennet said...

CB accepted the offer. He could have asked for more but he didn't.

VVC took a risk with 3 Idiots (as are all the producers with any film) and it paid off. If the film didn't make any money or if the film lost any money, would CB willing to give some of his fee back? I think we all know the answer to that question.

He shouldn't have sold his rights and when he did, he should be less greedy.

I remember an argument a few years ago between Ursula Le Guin and Ghibli Studios over the adaptation of her Earthsea novels. She has sold the rights thinking that Hayao Miyazaki will direct the film but the studio decided that his son Goro Miyazaki should direct the film. Ursula Le Guin has seen the film and was very angry at the outcome (Goro is not a good director while Hayao Miyazaki is one of the best). She was very vocal about her worries even before the film was released. But her objections were all regarding how her work is misrepresented -in her opinion-. I was again for the producers since she sold the rights and made a contract. But in her case I could sympathise, with CB I have no sympathy whatsoever.

aham said...

i agree to some of your points, I agree that CB is making an issue cause the movie is a hit, but there is more to it that most people ignore, if you have read the book almost 50% of the story is same, and the movie credits only two for the story, CB's argument is that he was told only 5% of the book would be the same(ofcourse this is not in the contract so you have believe in either as per your own view). yes CB is being greedy, but who isnt? isnt VVC greedy? why did Aamir distance himself from this issue and speak ill of CB before reading the book?
and one more interesting point that was in one article of today's Indian Express is that in the contract the producers have said they will put the credit in 3 lines but in the actual credits they have compressed it in just one line, so even the contract has not been honored, so in the event of a legal battle Cb has a major point. I am not against VVC or Aamir, but their attitude is most unexpected for me as a fan.I thought Aamir could never go wrong which suited well to his perfectionist image, but this issue has proved me wrong.

eliza bennet said...

I see your point but CB's argument doesn't make sense to me at all.

And yeah people are greedy but you have to honour the contract you signed. And you'll see that CB will not be pressing any charges since he has no legal standing in the issue. Everyone saw the contract and VVC and RH complied with it.

I don't think Aamir has any producer credits in the film so his opinion is only as an observer no?

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl