Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursssssday! Gossip!

Ah, yes, it's almost the weekend! Can you feel the excitement building for Veer?! I'm getting psyched up for what is sure to be one of the most entertaining films of the year - and that is really all I ask for. I don't care if Veer is objectively "good" or not, as long as it's not boring.

So... not too much of importance happening today, so let me tell you that I am tired of reviews for Vampire Weekend's new album coming up on my searches for Bollywood news. I've listened to that song and IT SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE A BOLLYWOOD SONG. Okay? So, lazy music reviewers need to stop describing it like that.

If you would like some actually Bolly songs, check out my review for Toh Baat Paaki. Verdict: It was okay!

The album opens with Mika Singh singing "Jis Din", a bhangra flavored dance tune. The celebratory mood of the song is infectious and the pace is peppy. It should get your toes tapping. There is also a remix of the song by DJ Suketu, which retains the flavor of the song while evening out the beat for the dance floor.

Moving on...

* The 55th Filmfare Awards are going to be held on the 27th of February!

* LOCAL PEOPLE - read about the Frederick, Maryland woman who did the reality competition to become Mrs. India!

"There were times we were all stressed out and girls were very nasty to each other," Mahajan said. "I have to take shots everyday for my diabetes and some of the girls were not good to me and didn't like me to give the shots around them."

The girls performed tasks such as making an outfit out of an old traditional Indian Saree. The contestant with the fewest votes after a task is eliminated. Mahajan was eliminated after a dance contest.

* The actor playing the president in My Name Is Khan Christopher Duncan gives an interview with the Indiantimes in which they never mention his name. Also, Christopher sounds like a really cool guy and says that Forrest Whittaker (!) had been interested in the role.

* This article uses my favorite campy picture of Karan Johar to illustrate this piece about him booting Renzil d'Silva from the Dharma family. (And to be fair, Kurbaan totally blew - what a waste of resources AND they are still dealing with the fallout from that Australian company not paying people in Pennsylvania.)

* OKAY! Midday clears up a few things for me - Katrina can't do Thank You because her dates were clashing with the Dostana sequel not with Tees Maar Khan, which makes sense because Akki was doing both TMK and Thank You and I was wondering why Katrina somehow couldn't. Anyways - Sonam might be playing opposite Akki in Thank You. I have to admit that I'm kind of curious about what their jodi would be like...

* Asin has nothing lined up right now. Let's get her a job!

* Sonakshi Sinha has signed a film opposite Shahid Kapoor! ZOMG! I hope she's as good as her father! Apparently she is like a young Rekha!

* Dudes, Golden Star Ganesh has been approached to play Aamir's role in the Kannada remake of 3 Idiots - is it weird that I'm kind of excited about this? I have a feeling that I'll prefer the Sandalwood-ized version of the film a lot more than the Bollywood one.

* Freida Pinto thinks she is better than you. She ignored a host of Bollywood glitteratti at a promotional event. Shilpa Shetty had the last laugh, though:

However, when Shilpa was asked about the incident, she said, "Who is Freida? I don`t know about her throwing a tantrum but as far as I know nobody asked me to take a photo with her. I was asked to do one with the entire group and I did that. I have no problems posing with anybody."

ILU, SHILPA!

* The trailer for the Ayesha Takia-Shahid Kapoor starrer Paathshaala should be shown with Veer!

Pictures!!! Let's see who came out to the Hide & Seek music launch! (I just did the review for this album last night - it was not bad!)


Abhi is apparently friends with the crew!


Vivek likes a good music launch!


Riteish wanted to show off the sweater vest he stole from the Aladin set!


Poor Zoya Akhtar got caught at an unflattering angle! (Make another movie, Zoya! K THX!)


Cutie pie Purab Kohli is in the film!


As is male model Arjun Bawja!

4 comments:

Ami said...

I remember reading that Karan said he will only work with debutant directors. I doubt he booted Renzil out, and if he really did (which I hope he didn't coz I love KJo and that would be like an evil thing to do).. he should learn to take failures as gracefully as he takes success~

martoufmarty said...

That MNIK story is kind of funny. I looked at the IMDB page and he's credited as playing Barack Obama on the Jay Leno show a couple times.

You think maybe KJo watches Jay Leno and noticed him there?

Filmi Girl said...

@ami Interesting point... who knows what the real story is. :)

@martoufmarty I saw that, too!! I bet KJo watches Leno when he is in the States! ;D

Ness said...

meh @ freida pinto. i was watching the wake up sid extras the other day and the best bit was when kjo asked koko "who's luck do you wish you had?" (or something like that) and she went to say freida pinto...but couldn't remember her name! shows how 'highly regarded' she is is b-wood, eh? lol

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl