Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday Gossip!

I'm feeling chipper today and do you know why? After a full two weeks or so of being separated, my sister and I are going to be watching... Beverly Hills 90210!!! I missed Steve, Brandon, Dylan, David, et. al. Well, mostly just Steve and Brenda.

But... let's move on, shall we?

* Adhyayan Suman "doesn't blame" Kangana for anything. Pardon me while I ROFL. It's good to know that Adhyayan doesn't hold Kangs responsible for his awful acting abilities or the fact that the only reason anyone cares about his is because he dated her. It's so kind that it brings a tear to my eye.

Adhyayan does blame everyone else for the fact that his career is nowhere. It makes me curious to hear who Uday Chopra is going to blame for the failure of Pyaar Impossible. Maybe Uday and Adhyayan can play over-entitled brothers in a movie...

* Rishi Kapoor gave my girlfriend Hard Kaur a cute nickname while they were on the sets of Patiala House.

Says my bb: "Rishi Kapoor was the most talkative personality on the sets. I gelled with him the most. He would take on any random topic on this planet earth. We shared a great rapport and he would adoringly call me Haddo Rani instead of Hard Kaur.”

I really, really want to go drinking down the pub with Rishi Kapoor and Hard Kaur.

* Another classic meeting of the minds: Akshay Kumar and Vivek Oberoi have lunch.

* Meet Sarah Thompson Kane (who apparently starred on 7th Heaven!) She plays Ranbir's firang girlfriend in Rajneeti.

* Bebo is annoyed at the comparisons between her and Katrina Kaif. I love Bebo.

* Genelia d'Souza aka Mrs. Riteish Deshmukh talks Chance Pe Dance.

While one looks forward to how much do audience see the two of you together, one fact which cannot be denied is that it's a welcome relief to see a fresh new 'jodi' in the form of Shahid and Genelia.
Yeeeeaay, now that's so encouraging. And to think of it, let aside shooting with him, I hadn't even met Shahid before Chance Pe Dance. However, the moment promos of the film came on air first, there were hundreds of tweets that I got which stated how people were really enjoying our pairing. I guess there is this innocence factor which worked in our favour.

* There is going to be a Sardar section in No Problem.

* A.R. Rahman is performing in Sydney on the 16th.

* Atif Aslam is the readers' choice for Best Playback Singer of 2009 as voted by Bollywood Hungama readers! (YAY!)

* I still don't believe that Rani and Aditya are actually a couple beyond being each other's beards. But it might interest non-conspiracy theory buffs that wedding bells are possibly in the air.

And I'm out for today! Catch you later!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Filmi Girl, you are falling down on the job.

While the Rani/Aditya news might be interesting, how could you miss this vital piece of information on the same site? :-D

http://movies.indiatimes.com/News-Gossip/News/Karan-Johar-ignores-Abhishek-Bachchan/articleshow/5445475.cms

Seriously, how is that even worthy of turning into an article?

Filmi Girl said...

@Emily ROFL! That was such a big story I assumed everyone had already heard about it... ;P

lvrplfc4l said...

I love that the local cinema that shows Bollywood movies has an email mailing list! This weekend we have both 3 Idiots and Chance Pe Dance playing, I feel a double feature weekend coming. Also they list MNIK starting 12 Feb.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl