Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thursday Gossip!

Good morning!!

Today, for your gossiping pleasure...

* Bebo may or may not be in talks with Beth Loves Bollywood's fave director Madhur Bhandarkar.

* Diganth may be doing the Sandalwood remake of Wake Up Sid, which should be really cute!!

* Shubhra Gupta over at ScreenIndia complains that Bollywood keeps churning out standard hits. I hate articles like this. What's wrong with giving the public what they want? And if what they want is a film that's vintage masala like Wanted instead of the no-song, no-dance, no-heroine Rocket Singh then what does it matter?

* Okay, this totally made me ROFL - Saif Ali Khan was shocked - SHOCKED - that Kurbaan flopped and because he was expecting a super-hit, he had lined up no other projects. None. Zero.

Basically, Saifu was like "this super-expensive movie that has no dances, comedy, romance, or anything in it and in which I play a 35-year old villain who is a jerk will be a super-duper hit and I'll be so busy winning awards for my performance that I had better not sign anything else now because after Kurbaan releases I'll be king of Bollywood."

* Akki and Paresh will not be in Hera Pheri 4. Did I miss Hera Pheri 3?

* Brace yourselves, there is a movie coming out about a gay superstar who is married to a lady but still likes to sleep with male starlets. It's called Dunno Y...Na Jaane Kyun and Zeenat Aman will in it somewhere.

* Claudia Richter gives an interesting take on Bollywood Terrorism.

And check out Shahid Kapoor and Genelia d'Souza on their night adventure sleeping in a car to promote Chance Pe Dance!

4 comments:

Anita said...

They're making it Hera Pheri 4 and skipping 3 because they want to beat out the threequel of Munnabhai and say "see, we're ahead of you, mwahahahaaha!"

I'm serious. :P

rossywar said...

Oh, so that's why Shaihd Kapoor was tweeting about sleeping in a car. It was confusing me - "surely he could afford a hotel...?"

veracious said...

Saif's such an ignoramus sometimes. But I'm hoping him coming together with Sriram Raghavan for Agent Vinod will be good. Or at least good for me. Who the hell cares what the audiences think. :P

Filmi Girl said...

@veracious Saifu's quotes amuse me almost as much as Bebo's!

I was excited for Agent Vinod until I read that he wanted to make it all 'realistic' - which I read as Kurbaan-y. YUCK! The only way I'll go see Agent Vinod now is if they make it an all-out Wanted-style masala hit.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl