Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Gossip Post!!

Good morning!!!!! It's a bright sunny day here in Washington, DC!

* Is K.Jo.'s Stepmom remake titled Love You Maa?

* Chance Pe Dance promotions are going to heat up next week.

* Kunal Kholi is producing a film called Break Ke Baad that will star Imran and Deepika. It's going to be about a couple that breaks up and comes back together and I will not be seeing it because that sounds like SNOOZEVILLE!

* The AFP runs down foreign born actresses who have broken big in Bollywood.

* RGV is doing Phoonk 2 and the first promos will come out with Veer.

* Also, this just in: I love John Abraham.

I also have some pictures of the Apsara Awards that I'll try to get up later today!

5 comments:

Ami said...

Hmm, I frankly can't see KJo & co scrambling to register a name like "Love You Maa" for a big-budget film that stars 2 of the currently hottest female stars in hindi cinema (that said, I still don't understand why every filmmaker worth his salt runs after Kareena, but whateva).

A mention of John Abraham now always reminds me of Karan's "Jo~o~ohn" remark to SRK in the JASHN 2010 rapid-fire episode.. :P

rhilex said...

Totally agree with Ami's first part of her post.

And regarding that foreign actresses article... Is it mean to say I think they're not the sharpest crayon in the box for hoping to not only break into Bollywood, but also have a career in it? I mean, foreign roles in films are good if they work, but most of the time they're just thrown in as jokes or stupid girlfriends. There have been very few prominent foreign girl roles in Bollywood, and with good reason. Every film is not going to have a role for these girls, you know?

Anita said...

Break Ke Baad sounds just like Love Aaj Kal, lol. I hope there's more to it than that, because LAK was awesome, but we don't need to see it a million times. And I personally don't think the Imran/Deepika jodi is a hot or happening one (unlike Imran/Sonam or Farhan/Deepika), so they'd need a good script to work.

Rum said...

Lol love you, maa sounds like cheezy pradesh! I thought karan had a KKKKKKK clause on all his titles as K for Kurbaan, which i saw the other day! Filmi girl it was outrageous! Alas i squeeeed when Viveik came on the scene and saved the movie!

myrna-nora said...

I like Imran Khan. I wish he would do a movie I could look forward to and that means NO Deepika!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl