Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday Gossip!

Good morning, people!

Somebody may have overdone the chocolate beer while watching Amar Akbar Anthony with the lovely Beth Loves Bollywood last night, so this will be short and sweet.

* Karan Johar is looking to work with Imtiaz Ali!

* Prabas is currently shooting in Bangkok!

* Jiah Khan was pranked by the House Full cast. Can I just say that I had no idea she was still making films?

* I really want to see Dunno Y Na Jaane Kyun because it should be ridiculous.

In Dunno Y Na Jaane Kyun, Kapil Sharma plays a struggling actor who "compromises his morals to get ahead in the film industry". He has said he initially struggled with the "sex scenes".

"Though I was prepared mentally, when the shoot actually began, I got nervous about doing it in front of the camera. I was especially awkward in a gay party scene," he said.

* Adhurs takes a good opening!

* Read a nice little piece on Nandita Das!

* Vipul Shah shoots a dry Holi scene because of the water shortage. And while we're on the subject, it seems rather crass of Riteish Deshmukh to harrass the slumdwellers for trying to secure a source of clean water.

Coming later today - I have like half a post of Veer round-up ready to go... I just need a cup of coffee.

So, don't mind me! I'll be back in a few!

2 comments:

leeqa said...

So, I don;t have any credible source for this gossip, but apparently Atif Aslam is acting in a Pakistani Film directed by Shoaib Mansoor (Khuda Ke Liye)

http://www.koolmuzone.com/2010/01/atif-aslam-to-act-in-pakistani-film-bol/

Rathchakra said...

Hey Filmigirl, great blog. I am a fellow Bollywood maniac and live in the DC metro area (downtown DC). Have been trying to connect with people in the area with an interest in Bollywood movies and would like organize group viewing/discussion sessions (unless there already are such forums, and if you do know of any, can you hook me up?)I have some DVDs of random movies and would love to connect with people in the area. I got your info from Beth of BethLovesBollywood. Thanks

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl