Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Gossip!

Happy Martin Luther King Day to those of you in the United States! We have a three-day weekend, hence the 11:30am posting. *yawn*

* Poor Akshay Kumar has sprained his back on the sets of Patiala House and had to cancel shooting.

* The Hindustan Times runs down a list of filmi Punjabi vocabulary for you!

R: Rabba
No, for those living under a rock, ‘Rab’ in ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’ did not stand for Aditya Chopra. Pathetic jokes apart, ‘Rab’ or ‘Rabba’ is the Punjabi word for God.

* Read an interview with a the Poo-sounding Sonam Kapoor!

Remind her that her endorsement count is higher than her releases, and she retorts, “I’ve done only three. It’s very little compared to many in the industry. I pick brands of the highest quality with which I can have long-standing associations.”

If Sonam starts giving more interviews like this, she may have a new fan in me! Bebo needs a little competition!

* There is some drama-rama surrounding Miss Katrina Kaif and her 2010 filming schedule. Okay, so she has apparently given dates to both Thank you AND Tees Maar Khan. The article is trying to make a big deal about it saying that she can only do one or the other but if I'm not mistaken BOTH OF THOSE FILMS STAR AKSHAY KUMAR!!!!! How come he can do both but she can't? Am I missing something?

* Aishwarya Rai is out of Abhishek's Crooked.

* Arshad explains that Ishqiya is an Indian cowboy movie!

* Suniel Shetty is in hot water over a shady financial transaction.

Is everyone gearing up for VEER?!


Lovely Zarine Khan at a promotional event...


And the man himself!!


And possibly the cutest picture of Salman Khan I've ever seen...

5 comments:

Anisha said...

FilmiGirl, I'm not sure that's Zarine!:D I think it's that new girl from Aladin.

Filmi Girl said...

Oops! Sorry I had a couple of pictures downloaded and must have put up the wrong one!!

I'll fix it. :)

shell said...

Thanks for the Punjabi Vocab link. That was a funny and interesting read (and it clarified a lot for me too!)

I am having a hard time even thinking about wanting to see Veer. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get over my distaste for Salman, though I keep on trying.

eliza bennet said...

My distaste for Salman diminished considerably in India. He is loved by almost everyone I have spoken to. I really hope that Veer does good business even though it doesn't look very good so far.

Ami said...

I seldom believe anything I read on SRK, except when it's accompanied by extracts of his interviews, which I usually will hunt down in youtube for proof of authenticity (yes, I'm obsessed).. so I dunno why I should believe just anything the media writes about Amitabh, Salman or Aamir either. Someone who can paint as nicely as Salman does, can't be THAT bad..can he? It's just that I'm not into the kind of movies he usually chose to act in..that's all. His personal life doesn't interest me much (except when it coincides with SRK's..then I'm all over it :P).

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl