Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Asal! Are you excited yet?


Can you even wait to see Asal? Starring Ajith Kumar - who also WROTE THE SCRIPT - and Bollywood starlet Sameera Reddy, it appears to have all the makings of a super-duper masala hit!


My understanding is that Asal is meant to capture the same sort of excitement and coolness that made Billa a hit! I approve of every part of that goal.

Let's see some pictures! (Taken from the kind folks over at Thala Ajith Fans who have the best watermarks ever.)


We can assume Ajith will be kicking ass and taking names...


The short-sleeved sweater with the bow-tie look is not one that I expected...


I hope Sameera Reddy does well - I like her. The other actress is Bhavana!


I like her look. I think she's very pretty.


Sameera is gorgeous, too, of course!


And if we are lucky, she, too, will be kicking ass and taking names.

7 comments:

ghazalintokyo said...

Hi filmigirl!!

Um this comment is not quite related to your post, but I do need some bolly-related help which only you can give!! :D
My korean friend has heard a lot about Bollywood and wants me to show her a film. I really think she has awesome potential to be a true Bolly-convert, but sadly I have no idea what film to show her that will for sure get her hooked!! My list of possibles so far includes, Devdas, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Jab We Met and Kal Ho Na Ho.. Do you have any suggestions? What was your first Bollywood film? I could really use the help (and it's for a good cause haha) Thankss!! :)

ajnabi said...

I'm unreasonably excited by the trailer. Or maybe reasonably by fangirl standards.

Louella said...

[this deleted comment is mine, sorry:)]

Tja, I didn't liked this movie since I've heard about it for the 1st time. Ajith is for me sth strange - when I look at him, I see only his belly, not a men x.x.
Bhavana is just OK for me as an actress, same to Sameera.

I think you should check onther close-to-release tamil movie, Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa. That sounds quite good! and has amazing, amazing music by Madras Mozart.

Also Theeradha Vilaiyattu Pillai sounds good.

ghazalintokyo, I think that KHNH will be good :)

Filmi Girl said...

@ghazalintokyo Depending on her tastes in film, I might go with Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam if she likes melodrama - it's very Korean dramaish. If she likes romantic comedies, Jab We Met is a good one or maybe Rangeela. Honestly, I got very annoyed with Kal Ho Na Ho and found it too slick.

You could also try Dil Se or Bunty Aur Babli.

@ajnabi Yes on both counts. Didn't you love the part where the buff black guy gets his ass handed to him by tubby Ajith!!

@louella I'll check VV out!

ghazalintokyo said...

thank you!! i think i'll go with hum dil de chuke sanam... :D

Beth said...

BLB is a BIG FAN of Ajith based on the two films we've seen him in. I even had a new year's resolution to try to see more of his stuff...maybe this will show up near me!

MinaiMinai said...

Oh I had no idea Bhavana is in this one! I simply adored her in Veyil. And had no idea Ajith wrote scripts either- looks exciting! :D

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl