Monday, December 7, 2009

Your Monday Edition of Bollywood GOSSIP!

Good morning, all! I hope your weekends were more restful than mine. I did have fun, though - went out to a hip hop show put together by my brother and got to hear some new tunes.

It turns out one of the guys performing did some tracks where he sampled Indian and Bollywood songs!


* My girl Hard Kaur plays 20 questions with the Hindustan Times. (Hard Kaur, plz be coming to DC and marrying me... PLZ!)

Which villain or vamp do you identify with (you feel you are closest to)?
Amrish Puri is my all time favourite.

You have to love a girl who identifies most with Amrish Puri.

* K.Jo. is being accused of stealing the Dostana script.

* I love the fact that Rakhi Sawant going up-market is news. There were more than a handful of articles on this, this morning.

* A columnist over at the Malaysian Star tackles the question of the 40+ heroes in Bollywood. Although the poor dear seems to be under the impression that the audiences are fooled into forgetting the heroes ages. We're not. Usually we just don't care - unless it's a blatant case of an uncle playing a role he shouldn't (*cough* Aamir in 3 Idiots).

* Bollywood Hungama hilariously editorializes Kambakkht Ishq, in this article on Sajid Nadiawala's new film, calling it "lukewarmly received." Really? Well, if you want to call the number 5 film this year "lukewarmly received," I'm sure Sajid-ji will be crying all the way to the bank.

* Another director who tends to cry all the way to the bank is Priyadarshan, who is going to be doing a 100 crore project after he finishes Khatta Meeta. (And can I even tell you how excited I am for Khatta Meeta?!)

* IS HRITHIK ROSHAN GOING BALD?

Well?! Inquiring minds want to know! This article thinks so - and speculates that's why he's not cutting his hair anymore.

* OMG! Akshay Kumar is playing a stylish, international conman in Farah Khan's new movie. I think I just died and went to heaven... the conman who ends up being swindled by his own heart is my all-time favorite narrative device. And Akshay is doing the No. 1 Ladies Fan Club proud by asking Farah to cast Katrina Kaif opposite him.

And a special bonus video for y'all today - ACTRESS CAT FIGHT!


That is the lovely Jennifer and Swapna at the after-party following the press conference for their film The Lucky 13th - a Raaj Verma Production.

4 comments:

eliza bennet said...

"And Akshay is doing the No. 1 Ladies Fan Club proud by asking Farah to cast Katrina Kaif opposite him."

Yes!

I really like the idea of Farah Khan directing Akshay.

Filmi Girl said...

@Eliza I like that idea, too! It should be a good film!

TadyLovesDaniel said...

I read the article on the new Akshay film...it describes him as a 'pucca hero' what does that mean???


either ways i'm super excited!!!!!

Anita said...

Lmao at that catfight. XD

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl