Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What day is it? Wednesday?

OMG, y'all! Is it almost the end of the year?! I have my post on 2005 almost ready to go - I might have it out to you tonight. I forgot that 2005 was... well, I'll let you find out!

My music review for Veer is up!! Check it out here! (Spoiler alert - it was awesome!)

All together, the music of Veer is a lot of fun and should fit the epic nature of the film. Sajid-Wajid seem to have borrowed some thematic cues from AR Rahman's rather earnest scores for period epics Jodhaa-Akbar and Lagaan but have created a soundtrack with a totally different feel from either one. Instead of a crushing earnestness, which failed Salman miserably in Yuvvraaj, Sajid-Wajid tapped into the larger-than-life and emotional persona of Salman Khan and have given him an epic soundtrack that fits Salman's unique personality.

Let's start out today's news with a little peek down South!

* Do you want to know what the top Southern films of the year are? Click here!

I can't wait to see this one! Yograj Bhatt is wicked talented!

7. Manasaare (Kannada); Director: Yogaraj Bhat; Cast: Diganth and Aindrita Ray.

The Kannada film industry was going through one of the worst phases in its 75-year-old history. But ‘Manasaare’ bailed it out. It became a hit because of the fresh storyline and innovative narrative. The film, shot completely in Karnataka, was produced by Rockline Venkatesh and directed by Yogaraj Bhat. Mano Murthy’s music and Sathya Hegde’s camera work were the major attractions in the film. Aindrita looked glamorous and Diganth was lively. Made at a budget of around Rs.2.5 crore, ‘Manasaare’ earned Rs.5 crore.

* Priyamani (who will be seen in Ravana) talks about her career!

On marriage and other areas of diversification in filmdom - Priyamani says marriage is quite far away and she has an eye on direction. "I have to learn a lot of things to head the megaphone," she admits.

* Golden Star Ganesh has another hit with Maleyali Jotheyali!!!

* Vettaikaran is doing well in the USA despite the giant snow storm.

* And enjoy this photo essay of the top 10 female debuts down south!

* Shruti Haasan cracks me up! She reminds me of my stoner musician friends from college. Today, she tells us that she wants to work with Amit Trivedi because she was a fan of Dev.D.

* Okay, this is probably the best bit of "news" I've read all morning - K.Jo. and Ranbir were at the DVD release of Wake Up Sid and tons of girls were screaming their heads off for Ranbir asking if he was single. So K.Jo. quips, "Yeah, Ranbir is single and he is ready to mingle.”

Woo! He better be ready to do some mingling when he comes to NYC to film Anjaana Anjaani!

* You know else I would like to mingle with? Akshay Kumar. Who on Earth could hate him? Apparently, he delayed his vacation a couple of days so he could be present for the first shoot of Patiala House!

* Ashutosh Gowariker's Buddah is no more.

* 3 Idiots is going to be available legally on youtube.com.

* Zeenat Aman would love do act more but doesn't want to play the bechari maa.

* Neil Nitin Mukesh and girlfriend Priyanka are getting married!

And to brighten you day.... the trailer for Shriya Saran's new film Kutty!

And some pictures!!!

Shahid was on Dance Premiere League with Rani Mukerji!

Is it me or does Shahid look a little heavily made up?

I guess he just wanted to compete with all this gorgeousness!

John and Bips were at a college cultural festival!

Gah! She is divine AND I want that outfit.

6 comments:

ajnabi said...

I want Bips' outfit too! I mean, to hang in my closet and admire, not to actually wear, because it wouldn't look good on me. LOL But the shoes would! I would wear them with jeans! ;-)

I think Almost-Dr.-Filmi-Girl should fudge her credentials (serious journalist, Ph.D in Awesome) and score an interview with Ranbir while he's on this side of the Pacific. :-D

eliza bennet said...

You keep the outfit Filmigirl and I'll keep the bf :)

Rani looks so very good and that smile lit me up.

shell said...

So much picture goodness! Rani and Bipasha both look stunning. Oh, and Shahid also looks very pretty.

Renuka said...

Bipasha looks stunning...and I can't believe they are at my college for our own college fest...Wish I was back in college..Miss Mumbai :(

Filmigirl, I don't think I ever posted before on your blog..but want to tell you that I visit you blog daily and keep up the hard work...:)

Filmi Girl said...

@ajnabi Bips has a broad frame, like I do, although I'm a bit... fluffier, so I know that things she wears might look good on me, too! (As long as they aren't massively midriff-baring. ;P )

@Eliza HEE! No deal! :D

@Shell Shahid looks very pretty, indeed! Not as much make-up as the PETA event... LOL!

@Renuka Thank you so much!! I really appreciate the comments. :)

Tady Rox! said...

NEIL!!!!!! WHY!!!!?????!!!!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl