Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wednesday Gossip!

Did you ever have one of those mornings where nothing goes right? I put my tights on and pulled a run in them almost immediately! BAD OMEN!

You know what's not a bad omen?


This video.

It had my sister and me in hysterics last night. We are now at the beginning of Season 2 of Beverly Hills 90210 and it just keeps getting better.

While I wait with baited breath for Bollywood to come up with that 90210 remake, why don't we run down the gossip!

* Katrina Kaif turned down Veer. Smart girl. She knows what's up - and after the disaster of Yuvvraaj, I would be surprised if Kat acted in another Salman Khan ego piece.

* Star Box Office breathlessly updates us on the status of Shahid and Amrita Rao's tweeting. Apparently, Amrita has @'ed Shahid but he hasn't @'ed her back. SBO, did it ever occur to you that maybe he's DMing her? Why don't you follow Vivek instead - he's the bestest Tweeter! He actually responded to my joke about a unicorn...!

* It wouldn't be Bollywood if we didn't assume that every pair of co-stars was secretly hooking up. The latest rumors have Farhan and Deepika knocking boots. They both deny it.

* The Economic Times is falling all over themselves because some American reviewers liked Rocket Singh. They even quote from my old nemesis Rachel Saltz at the NYT. Let me tell you something, Economic Times (and let me borrow a quote from that classic movie Tommy Boy), you could take a dump in a box and mark it "Bollywood" and Rachel Saltz would fall all over herself to write a glowing review about it - possibly including some glowing prose about how the box represented the modern India. What the American papers think is not that big of a deal. It doesn't mean that non-NRIs are going to be going to the local Indian theatre to see it.

* Zarine Khan was told to gain weight for Veer.

* Is the rumored SRK and Hrithik joint production going to be Krrish 2?

* Southern cutie Kajal Agarwal might be the next Asin - the Magadheera remake could keep her as the leading lady.

Don't forget to check out my 2000 retrospective! Keep the comments coming - and thank you to everyone who has corrected my mistakes and omissions! I'm compiling the information myself, so it's very possible that I will overlook or confuse... something... somewhere along the line.

2 comments:

shell said...

Krrish 2? I think I would like them together better in Dhoom 3 (but I'm sure that rumour was false).

Filmi Girl said...

Yeah, I don't know if Abhi would agree to a Dhoom 3 with both SRK and Hrithik, since it would mean he would be all but invisible.

Cue Om shanti Om: "He's not even in the film...!"

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl