Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesday Gossip!

Another Tuesday another gossip-filled post! Are you ready?!

* Bebo and Saifu are running off to Europe suspiciously close on the heels of Sharmila Tagore's discussion of their marriage. Stardust also thinks Agent Vinod is not quite dead in the water... Also, Bebo has food poisoning and was almost cast opposite Ranbir in Anjaana Anjaani.

* Katrina Kaif dismisses her Eastern Eye title by saying:

"Me? Hot and sexy? Nah. People should see me at home. I'm painfully unglamorous. Just another working girl making a living."

* The Rajniti trailer will not be shown with 3 Idiots and Star Box Office explains why - it's too engaging! People couldn't stop talking about it during the second half of the test screening of 3 Idiots!

Just one more reason for me not to see 3I... just like I don't want to see Saif Ali Khan playing "mid-20s" opposite Deepika, I also don't want to see Aamir Khan playing "21" or whatever. I don't care how amazing the film is supposed to be - I refuse to support these uncles playing characters that are supposed to be young. Why can't they back off and let young actors take the roles? Kunal Khemu, Arjun Mathur, Pratiek Babbar, Anurag Sinha - not to mention Ranbir and Imran, Shahid Kapoor, and Southern import Siddharth. They're all quality actors under the age of 30, so freaking USE THEM ALREADY!

* Nikhil Advani is doing it right and is looking to (get this) cast an actual teenager as the young Akshay Kumar in Patiala House and Akki's young cousin might be right for the job! Nikhil is also looking to cast a young Rishi Kapoor.

* It's a Wonderful Afterlife will premiere at Cannes!

* Another boutique is set of offer Bollywood Poster Art themed merchandise! And best of all... THEY SHIP INTERNATIONALLY!

(People looking for a nice Christmas present for me should check out the Umrao Jaan clutch purse...)

* In a master-stroke of marketing genius, the producers of Accident on Hill Road tell everyone that the film is not based on Salman Khan's hit-and-run of 2002. I didn't much care about this film before when it was just about a hit-and-run but now that they have denied that it's based on Sallu's drunk driving spree? Of course, I'm going to assume it is and might actually go see this one!

* Aw! Giselle Monteiro thinks she can be a Bollywood actress. You're going to need to learn how to lip-sync Hindi and dance, sweetie.

* Rediff has the best dances of 2009, which include some of my faves - like Hrithik Roshan in "Baaware"!

* ABC News has picked up a story on independently financed foreign films that talks about Harishchandrachi Factory among others. I'm not sure I like the tone, which avoids direct comparisons with Hollywood in a way that makes me think that author considers Hollywood the 'real' movie industry while everything else is 'stuff poor people do,' but it's an interesting read.

5 comments:

ajnabi said...

All the older guys taking roles of people in their twenties reminds me of poor Prince Charles waiting for his mother to abdicate or pass away so he can take the throne. It's taken so long that now they're talking about him abdicating immediately so William can have a chance! LOL

The "best dances" article was fun. I don't really agree with their pick of De Dana Dan but it was cool how they managed to spell Shahid's name differently about four times in five paragraphs. And the Ranbir/Katrina one: "She has an effective sway." LOL

rhilex said...

Giselle wants to work with Aamir and Hrithik without knowing Hindi? I feel like saying take a number, LOL. It's a bit... ambitious after only one film where she hardly speaks, too.

Sharon said...

It's A Wondeful Afterlife sounds wonderful - but how long must we wait for a trailer? *twiddles thumbs*

never-evil said...

Giselle was lovely in LAK but really I kept thinking how much better the song would have been if someone used to the Bollywood/Indian way of dancing had been in the video. ARGH I loved the song but wanted to push her out and somehow go inside the TV and do the moves myself, that's how bad it was.

Filmi Girl said...

@Sharon I'm right there waiting with you... maybe it will release in January? (C'mon Gurinder!)

@never_evil Hee!!! Just one more reason I don't want to see LAK. ;P

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl