Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tuesday Gossip!

Gooooood Morning, Internet!

It's so hard to adjust to a 9-to-5 schedule after having 4 days off. My days just naturally rotated to waking up later and staying up later... *sigh*

Anyways, let's see what the Bollywood low-down is!

* Apparently, the case against Dharma Productions for leaving people unpaid in Philadelphia is going forward!

* Glamsham has a cute defense of Katrina Kaif and her accented Hindi - bringing up all of those Southern actresses who speak accented Hindi and asking if it's any different...

* Okay, North American folks... prepare yourselves: SRK to be in Miami for Ra.1 shooting. In January. Yes.

Is this true? I don't know but I've got my fingers crossed!

* Renzil d'Silva has been signed for another UTV film despite the massive flop of Kurbaan.

* Vidya Balan gives a couple of cute quotes about wanting to do Southern films and on not being ready for marriage.

* I don't know about Xtreme City, y'all. I have a feeling it will just be too... Anglo for my tastes. Why can't we get some Korean directors making action films set in Mumbai? Hmmm? Do you know how much I would pay to see Park Chan-Wook take a crack at making a Bolly-soaked film set in Mumbai? DO YOU!?

" The only film of mine with which I can compare the script of Xtreme City is Yakuzo directed by Sydney Pollack in 1976." Co-producer Mushtaq Sheikh and co-writer said, "Other films show India's pimples...we will show the dimples.Slumdog Millioanire cannot be the end point of all matters Mumbai. This "White man, please save me,' syndrome is disgusting. We are not going to allow milking this city dry because the West wants to live in that myth."

So - maybe it won't be too exploitive. Keep your fingers crossed.

* Saifu hasn't signed anything past Agent Vinod. I am not looking forward to it - Saif has jumped the shark for me. His face is immobile. I can't even stand to look at him.

* Stardust has the dirt on what should be the most epic film of the year - Veer! Trimmed from 5 hours down to 2.5. I can't wait!!

5 comments:

eliza bennet said...

I can't wait for Veer too. And one part of me wants it to be a success. (I was really suprised how much Salman is loved in India since no one I know on net really cares for Style Bhai)

I'm hoping that Saifu will find another niche for his aged self that doesn't involve plastic improvements.

ajnabi said...

If Saif would just let his facial muscles relax a little, I'd be all for his continued presence. I mean, doesn't he have enough clout after all this time to start getting some films written for a man his age? Or at least within five years? Because that would be good.

I wonder if the case against Dharma will do anything for the Indian actors who all-too-often get left unpaid? Probably...not.

Anita said...

"Saif has jumped the shark" That comment made me lol, because I've never heard anyone refer to a whole actor as jumping the shark! XD I'm not excited for Agent Vinod purely because it's Saif/Kareena. Again?! But I guess he'll be in the Race sequel as well, right? :/

Filmi Girl said...

@Eliza Hee! I like your comment about Style-Bhai! It's so true!

@ajnabi He totally has the clout but he's not going to use it. Did I mention the totally gratuitous line in Kurbaan that made his character "35"? It's like - why not just make his character 40? There was no reason whatsoever to have his character be "35" except Saifu's vanity.

@Anita Hee! It's true, though! His face no longer moves! I don't want to see him in anything until he ditches the Botox. And - WORD on the Bebo/Saif. That pairing is so uninteresting.

E said...

SRK Shooting for 2 months in Miami? How fun is that? Miami in winter is glorious - I wish I could afford a little winter excursion, I'd totally lurk around trying to sneak a peek..!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl