Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday Gossip!

Let's jump right in today!

* There is at least one kissing scene between Ranbir-Priyanka in Anjaana Anjaani!

* I don't know how I didn't know that Siddharth's Striker will be out in January.

* The Times of India gives us a run down on fantasy elements in Telugu films without actually telling us anything. Do I just need to Google these titles, TOI?

* Oh, Diganth! My favorite Sandalwood hottie was busted for drunk driving.

* Katrina has been released from the hospital! Girl, you had been get some bed rest! I don't want to see you out at events until you are 100% better.

* Vishal Bhardwaj is bumping heads with the censors again. They appear to have taken offense at the word 'sex' in one of his promos for Ishqiya.

* Manisha Koirala is doing a Nepali film!

* Sophie Chaudhary has a new album out called The Sound of Sophie. She is adorable and so are her songs!

So what 'Sounds' are we likely to hear in this album?
As an artist I am influenced by all kinds of music right from Bollywood to hip-hop to Arabic to electro to rock. These are the Sounds that I love. The one consistent thread in the album is that all the songs are trendy and vivacious. The melodies are soulful, its very spirited but when it comes to rhythm you will find hip-hop, you will find a soft R&B song, you'll find electro, you will find an Arabic song and you will get to hear my first ever rock ballad called 'Mohabbat'

* Karan Johar and Abhishek Bachchan share a Dostana moment at Shabana Azmi's fashion show!

The audience was in splits when Abhishek followed Karan on the ramp with Neha Dhupia (in a flowing dress) leading the two. As Karan was careful not to trip on Neha’s dress, Abhishek, unaware of his pal’s problem, kept nudging and pushing him gently asking him to move fast. Karan gestured his helplessness. And while this ‘masti’ was happening on the ramp, the audience was found screaming, ‘Dostana, Dostana’.

So, basically, the audience (like me) is a fan of slashy RPF?

* WTF is this?! Shirish Kunder is getting a Hollywood actress Alien Sahib? Can we read "white" for "Hollywood"? Seriously, though, Shirish, I have two words for you Amanda Seyfried. Actually, no, Lauren. Ambrose. Okay?

Also, have I told you that my dream for this film is that it's "inspired" by David Bowie's The Man Who Fell To Earth but will be actually interesting and good - unlike David Bowie's The Man Who Fell To Earth?

So are we all prepared for the media blitz of My Name is Khan?! The promo has been released! SRK, Kajol, and K.Jo. are here to tell you about it!


All together now.... "We are the THREE Amigos! We are the THREEEE Ammmmigos! We are the THHHREEEEE AMMMMIIIIIIIGGGGOOOOOS!"



Can I even tell you how much I love the matchy-matchy look?


I don't even want to unpack all the sociological messages in this video -

so just enjoy it for what it is - the new Sophie song!

4 comments:

eliza bennet said...

I love SRK and Kajol together. And I sure liked what I saw in the long long promo.

I hope K-Jo strikes gold with this one and everyone will be satisfied. Watching SRK and Kajol together is a delight in itself as far as I'm concerned.

And Filmi Girl, I have written a long response to you re:not getting the Abhi love but it got lost in cyber space so here are some of the remains:

Yes, I completely agree that Abhi is a lazy actor. He has talent but needs guidance in utilizing it.

But his performance in Yuva is excellent. I actually prefer it to Madhavan's in the same role.

And he is not the most handsome guy around (especially as far as I'm concerned since I usually go for short guys with smoother facial features)

Even though the self he displays in public is entertaining (being witty and smart) it is once again not the type I normally go for, my preference usually is the strong silent type.

But despite all of the above when he looks at me from the screen with his cow like eyes, I just want to cuddle to him and baske in his warmth.

Also I sense something vulnerable and genuine in him (very possibly the vulnerability is only in my imagination).

shell said...

I nearly flew to the moon yesterday when the trailer came out for MNIK. I think it's going to be amazing. Love love love what Kajol's wearing. The three of them certainly look dashing.

Simran said...

@FilmiGirl : I just wanted to hear your opinion on this. What are your thoughts on the growing amount of scenes including kisses in Bollywood movies nowadays?

SRK looks awesome! Only 57 more days until the movie comes out ! :D

Tady Rox! said...

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!!!
and that is all i have to say!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl