Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday Gossip Post!!

So, we seem to have missed the snow here in DC, for which I am grateful. The city just shuts down in the snow but work continues, making it a giant pain to make it into work...

Anyways, there is so much goodness happening today!!

(And don't forget to click back and take a look at the year 20001 in review!!!)

Let's take a look!

* Priyanka Chopra and Ranbir Kapoor are having a New York City Christmas for Anjana Anjani!!! (Guys, if you need somebody to show you around, just ask! It's just a short bus ride to NYC!)

* I don't know how I didn't know that there is going to be a Bebo-Farhan pairing in an upcoming film. Farhan, bro, you better brush up on your acting skills because acting with Bebo? It won't be ANYTHING like acting with Deepika. She will crush your skull and eat it for breakfast and I will enjoy it.

* Milenge Milenge in Februrary finally! Shahid is going to look SO YOUNG! Aw! *pats his head*

* Indiaglitz has some dubious reports of Katrina giving up Krrish 2 for Dostana 2 and Deepika in for Krrish 2. How much is true? Only time will tell. Still, as much as I would prefer to see Kat in Krrish 2, she probably would have a stronger role in Dostana 2 - and I'm almost 1005 sure that working with Tarun is more enjoyable than working with Rakesh. I don't blame her....

* Further delays for Action Replay..... NAAAHIIIIIIIN! Hurry and finish this one so I can get my Akki/Aish fix! I love those two together!

* And speaking of Akki, Nikhil Advani apparently sent him and Anushka Sharma on a dinner date to "get acquainted." Right. I know how Akki "gets acquainted" with his female co-stars and I'm totally jealous. I'll be interested to see how Anushka handles working with him. Deepika had zero chemistry with him but Ayesha Takia did a great job. Akki can make it work with the young ladies...

* Farah Khan promotes her lingerie circus! SRK can't make it but somehow I feel like you wouldn't be able to keep Akki away from this one unless you handcuffed him to something like a bed or whatever... not that I'd do that.

* The IIFAs will be in Toronto in 2011!! Start saving now because we should have a huge North American Bolly Meet-up there!! It will be super-fun!

* Is there tension between Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Rani over Dil Bole Hadippa and Guzarish? Indiaglitz thinks so...

* Juhi Chawla goes on record saying the industry does not support new talent.

* Vidya Balan has accepted herself and is done trying to be a candy-floss heroine. Good on you, Vidya! Bollywood doesn't need another Bikini Girlfriend - we have lots already - we need actresses!

* Apparently, there is a scene in Chance Pe Dance where Genelia gets to spank Shahid Kapoor. Why aren't I watching this film right now?

* And we have confirmation of Murugadoss's Kick remake with Salman Khan - and it will be shot in Tokyo(?!).

* Can you guess the two actors who have joined the six pack club? CAN YOU?

First up is Emraan Hashmi, who got himself chiseled for Once Upon A Time In Mumbai - WHICH I AM STILL WAITING FOR!

Prepare yourself for this next one.... Riteish Deshmukh has a 6 pack - and it's not Coors Lite, if you know what I mean. Is it wrong that I find this a little disturbing? I like my clothed Riteish just fine - adore him, actually - so, it's a little weird to see him flaunting the skin show all of a sudden. But, a guy has to eat, I suppose... if this gets him roles, I'm not complaining.

Also, it leads to hilarious Twitter exchanges between Riteish and Vivek Oberoi, who I like to imagine are BFFs.

@vivek_oberoi Sajid showed the pic.. Am going to kill him. But
thank u so much for ur wishes buddy.

6 comments:

Anita said...

Already dreaming up all sorts of stalkery scenarios for when the stars come to my city. ;) SO EXCITED!!!

Yeah and to top it off the Kareena/Farhan movie is with Sudhir Mishra! Exciting. ...but Farhan already has experience being paired across Konkona, surely he knows how to stand up to REAL acting. :D

shell said...

I like Farhan actually. Haven't seen the pairing with Deepika, but I agree with Anita. He stood his own with Koko so he has a chance with Bebo (though it's hard to imagine Bebo not overshadowing him).

I was planning a trip to Toronto for 2010 but my plans have now changed. I wonder if I can convince my girlfriend to do our usual Sept vacation in June. I'm sure going to try! Can't miss this for anything!

Rum said...

OMGGG IIFA's in Toronto, i'm so there! but i just wish they'd all make a masala rum happy by coming to Vancouver during the Olympics!

memsaabstory said...

YES!!!! NAB Meet-up in Toronto for IIFA!!!!! Count me in :)

Aya said...

YAY!!! count me in toooo....ahh all my fave stars in TORONTO! I have always wanted to go there :)

Filmi Girl said...

Woo! Okay, that's settled IIFA party in TORONTO!!! We can get adjourning hotel rooms and have a big ol' Bollywood party!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl