Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!!!
You should first head on over to So They Dance to check out the final present from Veraciously's Advent Calendar.
And I would like to take the opportunity to thank my Filmi Secret Santa for my gifts (whoever you are!!!) and show off the one I made for my Secret Santa giftee!
You know what the best present I could receive is? Never having to see Aamir Khan's stupid 3 Idiot promo bug-eyes looking at me from every website I visit. They creep me out. He looks EVIL! It's like Chuckie has possessed the face of my formerly beloved thespian! How am I supposed to take Aamir Khan seriously after this? The 40+ something playing 22 really, really, really bothers me - there was always something extremely campy about 1970s Dev Anand swanning around in his cravats romancing 18-year olds and it kills me that Aamir has decided to go the same route.
Variety makes a case for seeing 3 Idiots - I like the reviewer telling us "cross-over potential is zero."
Rediff reviewer Raja Sen says that it's not bad and asks when that became the same as "good." Also, he wins me over by busting Aamir for graduating college 21 years ago and noting that he is miraculously free of wrinkles. (Shall we substitute botox for miracle?)
Moving on to the daily news....
* IndiaToday runs down Katrina Kaif's charitable works and then claims that De Dana Dan didn't do well at the box office. Well, I know it wasn't a big hit but I thought it did okay at the box office... (double checks) according to Box Office India, it's an "Above Average." In my book "Above Average" means you can't end an article on Katrina Kaif's charitable works by saying her last film was a flop.
* Ranbir Kapoor is going to be singing a song in Anjaana Anjaani!
* Happy 50th birthday, Anil Kapoor!! The handsomest man in Hollywood talks to the TOI and is charming!
Says Anil: "I hope Race 2 is better than Race. I haven’t read the script yet, though."
And he calls 24 a 'teleserial,' which cracked me up for some reason.
More on Anil in 24 can be found here.
* Is Once Upon A Time in Mumbai set for a summer release?
* And from the This Was Probably Pulled From the Reporter's Butt Dept., Hrithik Roshan Confesses His Marital Problems to K.Jo. and is Partying Too Hard. (Or do we think Suzane is placing stories to improve her chances of a divorce settlement?)
* Asha Bhosle may make her Sandalwood debut!
* Aishwarya Rai is doing her own dubbing for the Tamil version of Ravana.
* Vidhu Vinod Chopra claims that he didn't remove the Rajniti trailers from 3 Idiots. Really? Then why were they removed? (cue crickets)
And how about some footage from Rajniti to tide us over?