Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunnnday Gossip!

Hi, all! I hope you didn't miss me too much yesterday! My friend's wedding was at 10am (!) and we had to leave at the crack of dawn to make it on time.

Anyways, I'm back amongst the netizens today and bring you lots of juicy tidbits!

First of all, you should probably read this entertaining article about Twilight lovers in Bollywood!

Done? Cool. Let's move on!

* Hard Kaur isn't the only Bollywood-insider standing up for women's rights, Kangana Ranaut will be supporting a TV serial that deals with eve-teasing.

Says Kangana: "Every girl at some time or the other has been subjected to eve-teasing while studying in school or college. Some girls are even chased by boys in bikes and it becomes risky for them to go to college alone. Even I faced similar problems during my school days. I was just 13 years old when boys used to hum songs behind me and it was irritating. But I never retaliated. Now I feel I should have done something about it."

* I'm not sure if I've mentioned the rumors of Salman Khan playing Mogambo in Mr. India 2 but this article is worth checking out for the photoshopped picture of what it might look like if Sallu did play the famous role.

* After the mega-flop of Kurbaan, K.Jo. has been playing defense on critics for My Name is Khan.

"MY NAME IS KHAN is a completely different film. The film is set at a larger scale thematically and is about global perception. Moreover, it is totally emotionally based. The film doesn't have any religious or spiritual undertone to it but basically sends across the message of humanity."

* Oh, GOD! I can't take Aamir seriously when he is playing a 22-year old. I just can't. It angers me for some reason. Read what he has to say about it...

"I have no idea what keeps me young,” says the actor, grinning, when praised for his youthful appearance in the promos of the movie. “Initially, I was quite hesitant to play a 22-year-old. I felt that it was an unnecessary challenge - why not just find a chap who was the right age? But Raju and Vinod felt that I would be able to bring out what Rancho stands for properly. They felt that his character in the movie is very close to how I’ve lead my life.”

Except that he doesn't look young in the promos. Who thinks he looks anywhere CLOSE to college age? Why, Aamir, WHY?

* Imran Khan has delayed his engagement.

* Vidya Balan is back on top with all the praise from Paa.

* Actress Bina Rai passed away at the ripe old age of 78.

* Rahul Bose is doing a horror film called Fired. It should be out in 2010.

And picture time!!

If you are not on Twitter, you should be!! You will get hilarious pictures like this one from your favorite stars - and by favorite stars, I mean the adorable Vivek Oberoi, who can't stop tweeting.


(We love you, Vivek!)


Here is my girl Kangana at the Apsara Awards!


And Anil Kapoor!


And Imran!

4 comments:

sonia_bonjour said...

Can't agree anymore about Aamir in 3 Idiots! As much as I love Aamir, I don't think it's appropriate for him to play a role of 20-sth young man....... It's just not convincing.

Anita said...

Wait, wait, wait, Aamir is supposed to be around MY AGE in 3 Idiots?! I thought the whole point was that he was like an older/held-back student. XD

Ok, even more reasons why I don't want to see that movie *sigh*

Filmi Girl said...

@sonia_bonjour I agree 100%! It is very inappropriate for him to be playing 20. Of anyone in the industry, I would have expected Aamir to be able to graciously age away from young man roles.

@Anita Isn't that disturbing?! If he was supposed to be like DJ in RDB ("a few years" out of college) that's one thing but literally 22 is another.

Do. not. want.

martoufmarty said...

None of those guys look twenty-something. Well, okay, maybe Sharman Joshi.

It's as bad or even worse than shows like One Tree Hill or the OC where they're supposed to playing 16 year olds when they're creepy up on 30!

And that's sad to hear about Bina Rai. I saw Taj Mahal a while ago and I really liked her! I've been meaning to see Anarkali for a while.

Lastly - LOL at Salman Khan being Mogambo. Back when my mom and I suffered through God Tussi Great Ho we discussed how Salman Khan should be playing more villain roles. In our book he's just not hero material.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl