Monday, December 14, 2009

Neha Dhupia Goes Green!

These have been making the rounds but I thought they would be worth sharing with you lovely folks!

Neha Dhupia modeled for the Go Green Campaign Calendar. These bring up two issues worth discussing.

One is that this is yet another example of sexualizing women to advertise a charitable cause - like those awful PETA advertisements. Does a sexy Neha Dhupia really promote environmentalism? No. How do I know? Because every article discussing these pictures has been some variation on NEHA DHUPIA IS TOPLESS.

Two is that Neha Dhupia totally intrigues me. I would love to hear her speak candidly about the industry - I mean, MORE candidly than she usually does. I love that she bitches that she's too sexy for the industry to take her seriously. *Meow*


A fern-frond angel...


Winter dyrad...


Um... seaweed fashionista?


Mother Earth...

I'm not denying that Neha Dhupia is sexy but is us ogling her body really the most appropriate way to promote environmentalism? I know that I still know nothing about the foundation she's promoting.

2 comments:

rhilex said...

I don't know if that's the way to go about promoting it or not. But at least they're trying something. I always thought that they used these ads as ways to spark the attention of people who say "Oh, that's my favourite/a gorgeous actress/model!", and then they look up what they're in the ad for, because we humans are irresistibly curious and nosy by nature.

And if all else fails, it's pretty art. ;)

TadyLovesDaniel said...

i KNOW...THIS EXACTLY HOW I'VE FELT ABOUT PETA AND THEIR CAMPAIGNS WITH THEIR PRACTICALLY NAKED WOMEN THEIR MESSAGE OF CHOOSING TO 'BE NAKED' INSTEAD OF WEARING ANIMAL MADE PRODUCTS...

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl