Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday Morning Gossip!

Yes, somebody is still on vacation! Woo hoo!

Let's kick it right today with a little Bollywood gossip!

* Vivek Oberoi gives a gossipy interview to the Times of India and tells a funny story about how a group of aunties accosted him at the Bangalore airport.

* Tom Alter will be acting in a play written by Anurag Kashyap for the IIM-A Chaos Festival.

* It's going to be Akshay (Kumar) + Akshaye (Khanna) for Farah Khan's next film Tees Maar Khan.

* Shahrukh Khan doesn't like how the Dulha Mil Gaya promos are featuring him prominently. It's the Katrina Kaif-in-Blue syndrome.

* See, I knew Vidya Balan and I were on the same wavelength! She says:

"Arshad is a brilliant actor. He is very versatile. I feel he is underutilised in our cinema. I think he can be one of those European actors who can play any role with as much ease. He is wonderful and I share a great camaraderie with him. He is really yet to get his due."

I have long held that Arshad Warsi deserves better roles and more recognition. He's like Kunal Khemu in that regard... The two of them should play brothers or something in a film!

3 comments:

cmleigh said...

I agree Arsad is so under utilized as both an actor and a dancer. Shame on the industry.

shell said...

Funny how this keeps coming up with Dulha Mil Gaya. Isn't that what the original disputes were over (that Shah Rukh was upset that the film was being toted as a SRK starrer?). However, I've read that he's in the movie for a good hour or so and I think that's more than Kat was in Blue right?
Also, hooray for Arshad. I think he's fantastic and one of the funniest I've seen.

Simran said...

KUNAAAAAAAAL!! Where are youu?! And yes, I really do think Arshad is under-appreciated as well in our industry. I just really wish he would get a haircut. I miss his Circuit look! Can't wait to see his new movie!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl