Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday Monday - Can't Trust That Day...!

Good morning!! Is everyone all rised and shined?!

I bring you good tidings of Bollywood gossip...!

Also, I bring you tidings of how much I can't wait for the Christmas break. You know, I actually poured the coffee in the wrong part of the coffee pot this morning. Yes.

It's the end of the year, which can only mean one thing.... let's start the morning off with a series of BEST OF lists!

Here are some assorted ones I've found:

*Santabanta counts down the The Biggest Scandals of 2009:

Esha Deol: Hema Malini's eldest daughter literally vanished from limelight in 2009. When she made a public appearance at the end of the year, there were speculations that she has undergone a plastic surgery.

Priyanka Chopra: Piggy Chops got humiliated at IIFA Macau this year while collecting her Best Actress trophy for 'Fashion' by none other than Ashutosh Gowariker. Ashu, prompted by Jaya Bachchan, said: “Priyanka I love you. But I don't know how you got the award when Aishwarya is also nominated for 'Jodha Akbar'.”

* Indiainfo has their Top 10 Songs of 2009:

‘Tu jaane na’ of Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahani sung by Atif Aslam was tagged as one of the greatest love songs of the year.

Their selections are more Iconic Songs than best songs but it's an interesting list...

Whoa! Hold the line - okay, that's a list that's going around. The same choices have popped up in a few places. It's from the IANS critic Ruchika Kher.

Masala.com has her original comments plus their own list of the Top 10 Bollywood Songs of 2009.

* Poor Katrina Kaif is really ill. I'm surprised she made it out to Farah Khan's Lingerie Circus! I bet she has hepatitis, the poor darling. Well, we all know what she was doing before she got into acting.

* Bruce Sterling over at Wired.com would like Yash Raj to send me a sari.

*What’ll REALLY impress me is when Filmi Girl from filmigirl-dot-blogspot starts sporting a sari. Then we’ll know that the global metamedium is truly becoming the message. When Bollywood bloggers start getting all Bollywood themselves, then Indo-global soft power is gonna be firing on all its Shiva-armed cylinders.

*If I were a PR guy from, say, Yash Raj productions, I would ship Filmi a sari pronto. I’d ask her to put it on in public and YouTube herself.

Can I air-kiss online? *double cheek smooch* I will gladly don a sari and youtube myself in it if Yash Raj is so gracious. I've probably earned it after all the promotions for their flop films that I've done!

The real reason to click on Bruce's post, though, are the gleeful videos of my pretend Bollywood BFF Kalki Kochlin.

* Ken Ghosh admits that he and Shahid argued (a lot) on the sets of Chance Pe Dance! I KNEW IT! Everyone tried to tell me that the reports were bogus but... Shahid seems like the Brandon Walsh type.

* Neil Nitin Mukesh thinks HIS NAME is a burden. Right. The burden that got you into Bollywood. The real burden for Bollywood wannabes is having A NON-FILMI NAME. Do you think the Kangana Ranauts of the world get a second or third chance? No. The Uday Chopras and Neil Nitin Mukeshs? Yes. Some burden. Cry me a river, why don't you. Better yet, put on your big boy pants and deal with it.

Sorry for the rant, I just hate spoiled star children bitching about their advantages in life.

[ETA: I know he's not really complaining but doesn't everyone have the "burden" of trying to make their parents proud? If we mess up, won't the aunties start clucking - "Oh, Jeannie's daughter is like this..."? I don't know. I just don't think it's all that different for star children in that sense than it is for the rest of us.]

* Here's somebody who didn't have everything handed to him: John Abraham. A few more details on John's new film with Shirish Kunder have dropped and I'm 100% on board with the film... to be called.... ALIEN SAHIB!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!

The source adds about the plot of the film saying, “Contrary to popular belief, John doesn’t play the alien in the film, Alien Sahib is loosely based on the lines of Hrithik Roshan’s Koi Mil Gaya. In the sense while John does find an alien in the film, the film doesn’t take a sci-fi narrative, the story moves in a different pace altogether.”

Clearly, this is going to be amazing. Shirish, yaar, please let their be songs. I don't want to watch a movie about an alien without songs - although I will if I have to. Because... ALIEN and JOHN ABRAHAM!

* Rocket Singh did not open well. And here is the thing. I love that these production companies want to make small films. That's really cool! I like little films (really, I do) but they are not going to bring out the masses. Heck, I didn't go out to see this one and I love Ranbir Kapoor. You know why? Because I can watch it later on DVD.

New York was a fluke, Yash Raj. If you want to bring in the cash, you need to start making films that people will go out of their way for. You can give us a Rocket Singh in the multiplexes but you have to balance with a Dhoom 2.

5 comments:

aham said...

saw Rocket Singh yesterday though its not THAT great, but still is a decent movie, your right it wont attract the masses but such movies should be made on a regular basis so that people get a taste of something different, Ranbir Kapoor is surely on his way to super stardom, he done a pretty convincing job as a sardar, the best sardar by a bwood hero till date, your right you can watch it on DVD, also filmigirl u shud watch Paa, I know you have said the make up freaks u out, but once Amitji comes on screen you will see he so so adorable as a 12yr old that u will forget about the make up, its a must watch of 2009 along with yet to released 3 idiots,watch it, u wont resent a thing.

rhilex said...

Oh, Neil. Please kindly put a cork in it. Thank you.

Filmi Girl said...

@aham I might give Paa a try when it comes to DVD. :) And I agree that these smaller films should be made for artistic reasons but the companies shouldn't expect them to perform like a Dhoom 2...

@rhilex Word. ;D

E said...

Poor Katrina has jaundice and still going out to events? What kind of doctor was she going to?? Movie-star or not, that's strict bed-rest for 2 weeks at least!! What the hell is going on?! Give the poor girl some time to recuperate.

Ness said...

John Abraham + ALIEN MOVIE + Shirish Kunder = RIDICULOUS AWESOME!

This is amaaaaazing news!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl