Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday Gossip - Stir Crazy Edition!

You guys!!!! I am trapped inside for the third day in a row due to SNOW! The novelties of the Internet are wearing thin, which means that this is going to be a super short update. But, I am going to try and write up my reviews of Dhadkan and Wake Up Sid today and my music review of Veer should be posted to Bollyspice soon, and I'll link to that when it's up.

Okay... for starters, here are Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna at the race track!



I really like Twinkle's outfit... and I wonder if she let Akki pick out his own T-shirt.

* Zee's Dance India Dance guru Remo D'Souza talks about the lack of dancing abilities among the current crop of actors.

So you mean choreographers aren't good-looking?
As it is there is a dearth of actors who can dance well barring Hrithik Roshan, Shahid Kapur and Ranbir Kapoor.

OMG, y'all! This is so true! Harman is pretty good, too, if only he would stick to doing item numbers instead of trying to, you know, "act."

I consider Akshay Kumar a good dancer and Shahrukh and Aamir know how to pose their way through song picturizations. But Saif? Terrible. Imran? Awful. John and Abhi? Embarrassing. Salman and Sanjay? Maybe 15 years ago.

You know what I would really like to see? Govinda and Arshad Warsi having a dance-off. I don't even care what the scenario is. Like, it could be a Govinda film and Arshad has a guest appearance as a guy who runs a dance club or something and then Govinda challenges him to a contest (or something).

* Endhiran news always puts me in a good mood. Today, we learn that Aishwarya Rai had to learn karate in order to fight Rajnikanth! I WANT THIS MOVIE NOW, PLZ!

* Karan Johar is taking I Hate Luv Stories to New Zealand for filming! I wonder if he will require the services of New Zealand's fourth most popular guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo...

* Adnan Sami continues to vie for the title of Bollywood's Biggest Douchebag. Now, he's mad because Pritam contributed a song to the OST of Chance Pe Dance. Let me tell you something, Adnan, that OST sucked. Big time. You should be thanking Pritam for making sure there was at least one song on it that was listenable. If it was up to me, you would never music direct again, so play nice with Pritam!

And how about a few promos!


The trailer for Rann, which should be out soon. (Riteish!!!)

I can't embed these because they are from Eros but here is Salaam Aaya and Surili from Veer.


And Sonu Niigaam talking about recording for Veer!

"10 on 10" from Pyaar Impossible!



3 comments:

Simran said...

Rann seems like such an interesting movie !!

Ness said...

Dammit! I'm in the North Island of NZ and Karan Johar is gonna be in the SOUTH Island. Guess I'll be getting on the ferry lol....

never-evil said...

@Ness - I'm in the NI too. I would fully have made that trip to SI but instead I'll be in India when it's shooting over here *headesk*

Rann - yay Monish Behl. I do adore him on the serial he is in currently but it's also nice to see him back in a movie

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl