Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ishqiya: My most anticipated of 2010!

Okay, okay! I know I promised to get offline today but I couldn't resist when I found these pictures from Ishqiya - taken from here!

People who know my tastes in film know one thing - I adore Arshad Warsi. He is consistently overlooked for reasons that I don't know. Maybe because he isn't from a filmi family? Or maybe he's unpleasant in real life? I have no idea. But what I do know is that I will see the crappiest movies because Arshad Warsi is in them. So, imagine my delight when he appears in what looks like it's going to be a phenomenal film... and opposite somebody who can actually act: Vidya Balan. Well, then you have my most anticipated film of 2010.

So, Vishal Bhardwaj is on my naughty list after boring me to death with Kaminey but I think this might just redeem him because it looks like it has that Filmi Girl Filmi Necessity - AN EMOTIONAL HOOK. Also, Vidya Balan appears to DO STUFF in the film unlike Piggy Chops in Kaminey - but maybe that's because he can trust Vidya to, you know, act.

The delays due to censorship, Vidya swearing, etc. only make me MORE anxious to see this, so I'm really excited that it's finally coming out on January 29th and the OST release is set for January 10th!



3 "Idiots"? No, 3 amazing actors!

The rest of these are "behind-the-scenes" snaps!





And a song trailer with the most hilarious title on youtube of ALL TIME!



8 comments:

shell said...

I remember seeing the trailer for this eons ago. Since then I've developed an appreciation for all 3 wonderful actors. It'll have to also be on my must see for the new year.

lvrplfc4l said...

I'll be looking for this in the new year as I love Vidya and Naseeruddin Shah and I would really like to see Road, Movie and Aisha after watching Dev D this year I'm really looking forward to seeing Abhay Deol's choices. From Ahista Ahista to Dev D I've found his character choices, his willingness to work with new directors and keeping his more famous relatives at arms length intriguing.

Daddy's Girl said...

I have a huge girl crush on Vidya at the moment so I'll see anything with her at this point, but 'Ishqiya' also looks like it'll be a pretty good film... can't wait. I like Arshad too - and if I recall correctly, Beth (of Beth Loves Bollywood) has met him before and described him as quite pleasant... who knows why he's so under-appreciated?

fromherewegosublime said...

Ishiqya is also one of my most anticipated movies of 2010. I will watch anything that Vishal Bharadwaj is associated with. I still believe Omkara is his masterpiece and Kaminey wasnt as good as his other films because he tried to make a "bockbuster" and also Shahid Kapoor cant act to save his life.He is to busy trying to look good as opposed to being in character. Just look at those snapas you posted, his colors and textures are just amazing. Also the new song promo "dil to bacha hai" has some of the best lyrics I have heard in a long time with a voice to match. Gulzar's lyrics + Rahat Fateh Ali Khan voice is pretty much perfection. I cant wait to hear the entire album.

moviemeh said...

I am looking forward to this as well, but I have to say, that trailer doesn't look like much.

That green outfit looks like the one she wore in Eklavya.

moviemeh said...

Too bad they couldn't release Ishqiya on Vidya Balan's birthday (Jan 1).

Happy birthday, Vidya!

Filmi Girl said...

@shell Woo! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

@lvrplfc4l I'm looking forward to Aisha, too! Despite Sonam... ;D

@Daddy's Girl You and me both! Vidya is awesome!

@fromherewegosublime I agree about Kaminey... but I'm afraid we're the only ones. Omkara remains one of my top films of all time!

@moviemeh We'll just have to see... :)

Bikram Singh Bathh said...

One of the most awaited film of 2010,,, Nice write up!

And did you check out the music of Ishqiya? It's fantastic,,,

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl