Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday Friday FRIDAY!!!

Oh, thank GOD today is Friday! I don't think I could have made it one more day this week...

The only things that got me through this week were watching Beverly Hills 90210 with my sister and Vivek Oberoi's over-sharing about his life on Twitter.

Le sigh.....

Moving on to more interesting things than my hideous work week....!

* Vivek Oberoi is a fan of Sandalwood actor Sudeep! And he'll be back in Bangalore to appear at a function with him!

* In the best news story of the day, this article reports that Akki said this:

Bollywood came all out to attend Farah Khan's lingerie show, but Shah Rukh Khan was missing. The star was apparently "shy" about watching a lingerie show.

But Farah's latest friend in tinsel town Akshay Kumar had no such qualms. "I don't think I am (shy)," said Akshay.

HA HA HA!!! As if you could keep Akshay Kumar away from any location where there would be ladies in lingerie.... Shahrukh.... well, perhaps if John or Arjun had been walking the ramps, they might have had an easier time convincing him to come.

* Rakhi Sawant tells those size zero wallahs where to get off.

* Naseeruddin Shah talks to NPR.

[Here is where I briefly note that IT IS SO COLD HERE IN DC! I'm freaking freezing, y'all!]

* My girl Riya Sen shows up on set drunk as a skunk.

* Mid Day has some cute pictures of Kangana and Sushmita filming a song for No Problem.

8 comments:

moviemeh said...

That was a pretty lame interview of the great Naseeruddin Shah. Also, lolz at the transcript reducing Saif Ali Khan to (unintelligible) Khan.

Filmi Girl said...

@moviemeh I know, right? I was laughing at that, too. I could guess from context alone that he was referring to Saif Ali Khan.

American media is totally FAIL at Bollywood...

San said...

Midday has some hot pic of Ritesh Deshmukh that just made my morning ;) he's pretty cute

Rum said...

Rakhi Sawant's comments are hilarious! Anything she says gets my support, I'm sure she'll be waiting for the size zero brigade to retaliate soon!
Love the 2002 post, thats when i came to Vancouver and realized there are no good indian cinema's like they are in London! Its got slightly better! And I LOVE DEEWANGEEE TOOOO, I tortured my mum and sis(who ended up getting scared) to watch it at the multiplex over here! Lol i could act the Devgan schizo scene if you want LOL!

aham said...

did u hear about aamir khan's new marketing strategy for 3 idiots? he will go missing for the next two weeks from the media wont attend media events for the film but will travel all through the country in disguise and anybody who catches him will get points, though he hasnt told what will be the prize(except of course meeting the perfectionist himself), aamir always is a step ahead of the rest of the crowd in the film industry,undoubtedly 3 idiots is going to become on of the biggest films of this year.

moviemeh said...

@aham Hmm, that explains this:
http://twitter.com/#search?q=capacity%203%20idiots%20autorickshaw

aham said...

I dont see anything except the 'Twitter is over capacity', msg whats in that link, however i found this on aamir's blog,read the 1st post

http://www.aamirkhan.com/blog/login.php

moviemeh said...

@aham: Yeah twitter does that sometimes, try again. Basically several people noticed an autorickshaw with a sign that said: Capacity 3 Idiots.

@Filmi Girl: Did you ever get around to watching Pukar? It is excellent preparation for watching 24 Season 8 with Anil in it. In fact, maybe 24 is a copy of this movie. ;)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl