Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Your Tuesday Dose of Bollywood Gossip!

Hello!! I hope everyone is doing well this rainy and cloudy morning!

* Let's talk Kurbaan! Apparently, controversies can drum up publicity but not get people into the theatres. Also, film critic Khalid Mohammed was kicked out of a screening of Kurbaan after he got into an argument with a socialite.

* Heaven help us! Ajay Devgan is remaking License to Wed - you know, that film where Robin Williams plays the priest who is a little too interested in John Krasinki's sex life? Kill me now.

* Veer has been scheduled to be released in January and Sallu is following Aamir's game plan for the launch. We'll see if it helps... Veer has been nothing but a hot mess since it began filming.

* Manmohan Shetty thinks the mulitplexes are dragging down Bollywood.

"The main culprit to bring down Bollywood are multiplexes. The tickets are priced so high that people who used to watch the movies by paying Rs.30 to Rs.40 are not coming to cinema halls anymore. With high budgets and high priced tickets at multiplexes, film business has become difficult."

* Rani is having trouble on the set of her TV show... she doesn't like the format.

* David Dhawan and Salman Khan might team up for a remake of Telugu blockbuster Kick!

Finally, has everyone seen the trailer for Dance Pe Chance? It certainly makes it perfectly clear what the main draw of the film is going to be - not that I'm complaining...

8 comments:

martoufmarty said...

I usually try to avoid anything that Salman Khan stars in (unless it also stars someone I really love), but Veer looks so trashy - I CAN'T WAIT.

ajnabi said...

I, on the other hand, can't wait for Chance Pe Dance. It looks like fun--I mean, this is the girl who actually suffered through "Step Up" talking. LOL

Filmi Girl said...

Veer is going to be a TOTAL disaster - hopefully entertaining rather than boring. Salman can bring the LULZ when he wants to.

And Dance Pe Chance should be amazing! Ajnabi, have you seen Another Cinderella Story?! If you liked Step Up, this should be right up your alley!! (Fellow dance movie addict talking...!)

shell said...

You couldn't pay me to see Veer, but then again I have been known to watch the occasional Sallu film.
Thanks for the trailer. Shahid's hair looks much shorter then in the poster that came out a while ago. Anyway, this is a movie after my own heart. Romance and dancing, what more do you need? I can't wait to see it and all of Shahid's bare chested glory! (oops, did I say that out loud?).

Anita said...

I keep telling people this, so don't mind me, but it's Chance Pe Dance, not Dance Pe Chance. I keep yelling at my sister when she says it wrong! OCD much?! XD

Simran said...

I am soooooooo excited to watch Chance Pe Dance!!! Shahid is just too cute , missing out on this movie would be a BAD idea! ;) And Shell, I agree with the bare chested glory. I can't tell you how many times I watched the trailer just for those parts. Tehe;)

Filmi Girl said...

@shell HA! I think the makers of Chance Pe Dance know exactly what they are doing... ;D

@Anita - Noted and will try to catch myself!

@Simran I KNOW!!!! It looks so good!

maeve66 said...

Yeah. I can't wait for Dance Pe Chance, even though my B'wood watching semi-boyfriend radiated waves of boredom at the preview shown in our local multiplex. Too bad! He can stay home and watch some Mithun and Dharmendra romp. I am planning on watching glitz and dance and Shahid Kapoor.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl