Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wednesday!! Gossip Post!

Another day, another round of stories - for some reason, a few outlets have dredged up the Hrithik Roshan in Krrish 2 "news". This has been making the rounds for years - I don't think we'll actually be seeing Krrish 2 for a couple of years, if at all, but consider yourself warned!

More legitimate news is that Hrithik has signed on for a Bollywood remake of The Departed.

* New York is going to open the Cairo Film Festival. It should go over well - it's a nice mix of filmi and serious.

* Katrina Kaif was mobbed by a horde of screaming fans when she went to Ahmedabad to promote Ajab Prem Ki... The article basically RPFs her rescue at the hands of her bodyguard, which is pretty amusing.

* Bollywoodhungama talks to Ajay Devgan!

"Yes, in a way I am lucky that I can do action, comedy, drama or an emotional film. This is what keeps me going. Working in a similar genre for years can't really work for you all the time. You have to bring in a change in your approach towards making films and this is what I strive for. I know for sure that not many actors and stars are capable of being versatile today. This way, I am blessed."

* Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra is releasing a recut version of Delhi 6 in which a certain character does not make it out alive.

* Anurag Kashyap wants to (surprise!) ditch the censor board. It's nice in theory but it will never happen. Even we have a censor board here in American - code named the Motion Picture Association of America Rating Board - and as long as there are people worried that movies are going to corrupt "the youth," there will be censors.

* Aamir Khan attended the subtitling session for 3 Idiots and I couldn't be more thrilled. The subtitles for Ghajini were excellent! I understand enough Hindi to fill in the gaps - most of the time - but it can be very distracting when the subtitles are timed incorrectly and the words flash after the line has been said or overtop of a different line, etc. I can assume this also means we will not be getting any "u" for "you" and all of the "their/there/they're" will be correct.

* I'm not sure how much of this account of Shahurkh's birthday party is true but I thought the bit about his son was interesting:

A superstar to be, Aryan, Shahrukh’s son, added a lot of jitter. Looking like a million bucks in the party, clad in the super flashy brands from tip to toe, he sure was the centre of attention.

In the American press, we would never read something like this about anyone's SON - only their daughters. Look at the fuss of Suri Cruise! Bollywood has a default tendency to objectify both actors and actresses - equal opportunity!

* I love Rishi Kapoor but I bet he was/is a tough guy to live with - Ranbir says Rishi is his toughest critic. Why do all the Kapoors have such bad Daddy issues?

* Southern superstar Vikram wants to work with Vishal Bhardwaj of all people!

* Priyamani - Vidya Balan's cousin - is entering Sandalwood!! Her first is opposite the unattractive Puneet Rajkumar, whose mere presence in a film makes me "avoid, yaar" but her second film will be opposite my No. 1 Hero GOLDEN STAR GANESH!! I can't wait!

And how about a pretty song promo from Ajab Prem Ki...?! Ranbir and Kat look really good together! I'm crossing my fingers for this jodi!

3 comments:

ajnabi said...

I guess my suspicions were correct--Ranbir *is* enough to get me to end my self-imposed Kat moratorium. Well, that and that quote about Jessica Simpson.

Filmi Girl said...

Yay!! I'm considering doing a post on why I love Katrina Kaif in honor of Ajab Prem Ki...!

She's just so - something. I would love to do a really smart interview/profile of her.

Simran said...

Filmi : I can't say I love OR like Katrina Kaif but I really do enjoy reading her interviews. They're always so snarky and well, interesting :D So I am really looking forward to your profile on her !

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl