Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday Gossip - Legal Edition!

The big news for today is that Madhur Bhandarkar (director of Page 3, Fashion, Jail) is going to court for raping an aspiring actress. From what I understand, the case was initially dismissed but is now being looked into again for some reason. So, either the case was dismissed because it was false and now the judge (or whoever) is looking for publicity OR the case was true and now Madhur will have to pay for his crime. I couldn't help but think of the director in Luck By Chance who keeps sleeping with Konkona's character... I wonder if Madhur was the inspiration for that character...

Moving on...

* Om Puri is furious about some secrets spilled in a new biography of him called "Unlikely Hero: The Story of Om Puri" (and which I shall be purchasing). Apparently, he had two long-running affairs with his maids.

* My girl Soha Ali Khan is refusing to film a love-making scene with Shiney Ahuja for the uncompleted Ek Accident. And, honestly, I don't blame her. She's having to be arm-twisted to even complete the project.

* And Karishma's husband has been busted for squatting in a house in Delhi. Classy guy.

* Not even Ritesh as a sardar will make me see Aftab Shivdasani in Aao Wish Karein.

* My favorite Bollywood journalist Joginder Tuteja catches up with producer Ramesh Taurani!

Time and again, it is stated that the film's real test comes on Monday after the initial hype dies down over the weekend. Seems like Ajab Prem... has passed the test?

And with flying colours (says immediately). The film has stayed stable quite extraordinarily on Monday as well which gives a clear indication of how word of mouth has spread all over and it has been liked immensely. That's the hallmark of a good family film because the genre of Ajab Prem... is such that it cuts the boundaries. It can be seen anytime, anywhere and by anyone.

* Minisha Lamba has her own stalker.

* Dimple Kapadia's sister has passed away from cancer. My heartfelt condolences go out to Dimple and her family.

* Lovely Katrina Kaif is responsible! So much so that she offered to compensate Rajniti director Prakash Jha for the extra day she would need to memorize her Hindi dialogues for a difficult scene.

She also bites back against that stupid marriage certificate:

"Obviously, it's a fake certificate! I have never been married in my life and neither do I know this guy at all. It's stupid and illegal what he has done and the police have already filed a case against him. The cops called me to say that this man had issued a fake marriage and they are taking action against him. I guess the more famous you get, the more people do such silly things. I was in New York on December 2 shooting for New York — the day this man claims to have married me."

* This also seems to be the week of excellent celebrity fathers. First Anil Kapoor passive-agressively gets his daughter a lo-fat birthday cake and now Rishi Kapoor never complimented Ranbir on a performance. Great work, Dads!

For the record - Sonam is not fat and Ranbir is an excellent actor!

* The Kolkata Mirror has an interview up with Jacqueline Fernandez of Aladin.

She has signed another film opposite Ritesh! Yay!

I have signed up a futuristic film by Nikhil Advani, called Jaane Kaha Se Aayi Hai opposite Riteish Deshmukh again. It is a truly an incredible film about a girl Tara, who comes to earth in search of love. Well it is amazing to do a fantasy; and I think my life too has been fantasy like. Nevertheless, since I am young, I will take up whatever comes my way, as I want to do different kinds of roles. I wish I could play the Little Mermaid sometime!

Ah... Nikhil Advani. He has the direct hotline to my id.

* Bollywood had better watch out - the big four southern film industries are organizing a take-over. The first major expo for world-wide film buyers will take place in Chennai at the end of November. American indie distributers, now is your chance to pick up Magadheera...

And a new De Dana Dan song promo!!! I can't wait for this!! Katrina and Akki always look like they're having so much fun... I think that is the real secret to their chemistry.

5 comments:

ajnabi said...

Ah... Nikhil Advani. He has the direct hotline to my id. Love you how phrased this, because it's totally true for me too.

Poor Soha. The film must be terrible for the director to even GO there. Shiney? Love scene? Urgh.

rhilex said...

I am behind Soha %110. I wouldn't have even relented and agreed to finish the film, as she did.

And WTF is with all these film dads?! Have they ever heard of being supportive?! GR!

memsaabstory said...

Yay for Soha!

I'm very sorry to hear about Simple, although if she was as ill as it sounds for so long it's probably a blessing.

Simran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Simran said...

I'm still confused as to why anyone would want to stalk Minissha Lamba ... LOLL

My condolences go to Dimple and her family.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl