Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thursday Goss...!

Don't forget to check out the promo pics for Shriya Saran's new film that I posted last night! It looks really cute!

* The Times of India has a fun interview with Aisha director Rajshree Ojha.

“Abroad, Indian cinema is still all about Satyajit Ray. Bollywood cinema has a market, but it’s very niche. It’s thought to be a fun genre. Ray is a legend there. I realised that as a filmmaker, I had to walk the middle path and bring the best of both worlds into my films. Western audiences have still not seen the best of Indian cinema.”

* And Katrina is diplomatic about Vivek Oberoi.

“I understand, and I wouldn’t work with Vivek Oberoi. What he said and did with Salman was wrong. If somebody hasn’t done anything wrong, in my opinion, I’d still let them be colleagues with me. But what Vivek did was genuinely wrong. ”

To be fair, one can't expect Salman's girlfriend to work with the guy who called the press conference to explain what a jerk Salman Khan is. Maybe after they break up...

* Vivek is probably happy to leave Salman alone. He talks Kurbaan:

Kurbaan deals with terrorism and there were terrorists in Mumbai when you were filming. How spooky was it?

You won't believe this. We had a scene in a sub-way station in the US and at the same time there was an attack carried out at our CST station in Mumbai. It was bizarre. Life was unreal and it was like a twilight zone experience. I felt so much anger towards the media in the US that our Mumbai was being projected as an unprepared city. I don't know. But I was really hurt.

* It's official: Neil, Katrina, and Abhishek for the Italian Job remake. Well, at least we know up front that the film won't really need any serious acting. As long as they get Abhi camping it up for the camera with Neil as the straight man - I don't think we have anything to worry about.

* Will Madhuri Dixit be playing Indira Gandhi?

* And adorable Aindrita Ray talks to the press in an adorable interview!

You are a student of dentistry. Does that continue or have you left it behind?

Today, my focus is on movies. But my studies will continue surely when I am a bit free and can think about studies. But not for now.

She also reports that her dream date would be Josh Hartnett.


Speak of the devil... Vivek promoting Kurbaan! What a cutie!


And Aishwarya promoting Longines watches. I'll be careful not to let the pictures get too close...

6 comments:

eliza bennet said...

Please tell me that is not a camel toe!

And I'm finding it hard to believe that Katrina is dating Salman. When I read what she said about Vivek I was thinking "strange that she has an opinion about this" and then reading further I suddenly remembered "She's dating Salman" :(

I'm not feeling the Vivek love, at all. I hope he will give a good performance in Kurbaan though.

ajnabi said...

That's a very equestrian outfit Aish has on. Does it have to do with the Longines campaign or something?

I'm with Eliza (and you, if I recall correctly): the Katrina/Salman thing doesn't seem real.

Filmi Girl said...

Yeah, I don't buy that Katrina and Salman are really dating but they are "dating" for the media/public, so she couldn't really go on record saying that she would work with Vivek.

And @ajnabi I remember an ad shoot with Aishwarya in these big Kentucky Derby hats, so maybe the connection is associating the watches with wealthy hobbies like that?

Anita said...

So the Italian Job remake is going to be Dostana + New York + Cars? XD

Filmi Girl said...

@anita I can only hope.... ! XD Although Neil is nowhere near as hot as John Abraham. Alas. We'll just have to wait until Dostana 2 to get our jodi back together!

Simran said...

Although Neil is nowhere near as hot as John Abraham.

^^ Can't say I disagree! ;)

Ouch. That was pretty harsh of Katrina considering that she's new to the industry and has never worked with him before. AND, I also agree with the whole Salman/Katrina thing being "not so real". Like Eliza, I forgot they were dating too! xD

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl