Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Edition of BOLLYWOOD GOSSIP!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I don't have any catchy screenshots of Amitabh jumping out of a giant Turkey a la "My Name is Anthony Gonsalves" so you'll just have to imagine it - unless somebody is really good with photoshop.

Let's hit the goss!

* Renzil D'Silva is pissed that a scene that really pissed ME off in Kurbaan has been dubbed into Hindi for the Indian release of the film. I've actually written a big editorial on the scene in question - where Vivek Oberoi's character gets into a debate with some white students about terrorism - which I will either link to, if it gets published, or just post myself, if it doesn't. Mr. D'Silva feels that dubbing the white students into Hindi takes away from the "seriousness" of the scene, which he feels is the "crux" of the whole film. I seriously cannot even describe how pissed off it makes me that he thinks that the scene was a) intellectually important and b) somehow counteracts the terrible stereotypes of Muslims that populate every other frame of that film.

* Shemaroo has put out a new documentary on R.D. Burman!

* Namitha is making her Malayalam debut in a film called - and I am not making this up - Black Stallion. She also says, Eff You to Bollywood, which suits me just fine, since I don't want her to lose one precious inch from her delicious curves.

* All I took from this news blurb is that there will be a robot song in Endhiran. A ROBOT SONG! Is this movie out already?! What about now?

Now?

Dang.

Okay, well, at least I have De Dana Dan to look forward to. It's been getting good reviews - I think I saw one that said something about the funniest film of the year so far, which makes me very happy because my Akshay needs a hit.

Check him out promoting De Dana Dan! Poor Katrina is sick and can't join in the fun...


Suniel is such a sexy bitch. I love how he's standing right here...


I also love this picture of Akki interacting with his fans...

2 comments:

Simran said...

Awhhh! Akki really knows how to put a smile on my face.:)

Andromache said...

So I thought you'd enjoy this best movies of the decade summary of Lagaan.

http://www.timeout.com/film/features/show-feature/9242/

And by "enjoy" I mean "want to tear your hair out because Y HALLO THAR INSULTING GENERALIZATIONS!"

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl