Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Goss...!

So, I saw Kurbaan yesterday. It was okay - an ordinary thriller saved from total mediocrity by two people: Vivek Oberoi and Kirron Kher. (Not the two you expected, right?) I'll have more to say in my review - but you can totally wait for DVD for this one.

* Here are some figures on Kurbaan's collections. We're looking at 40-50% in across India. We'll have to wait and see how the American and British collections look...

* Ajay and Koko are pairing up in Atithi Tum Kab Jaaoge. Should be an interesting pairing...

* In an attempt to get publicity - and it's working - Javed Khan (martial artist?) is making a film about Aishwarya and Salman's doomed romance.

* Learn more about Prince - It's Showtime, Vivek's comeback film!!! (I can't wait!!!!!!)

* Abhay clarifies that he doesn't have any problems with Sonam Kapoor.

"My producer should be clearing the air on any controversy surrounding Aisha. As a professional actor I will never talk about what happened on set. I hold Sonam (co-star and part producer) in highest regard. And, there is no ego issue with her."

* Akshay thinks Farah Khan is the strongest and most capable woman in Bollywood!! I love it!

Speaking of strong women, how about some pics from Cosmo's "Fun, Fearless Female" Awards!


I didn't realize SRK was in the running, but congrats!! (Just kidding!)


And my Barbie Dream Girl Katrina Kaif!!! (HI!)

There were some unflattering red carpet shots from a variety of usually attractive secondary leading men types - Dino, Rahul Bose, etc. - but I thought I would spare you the fug.

2 comments:

ajnabi said...

Katrina looks like a mermaid in her dress. :-) Or, I mean, that seems to be the idea anyway. I'm interested to see what Ajay and Konkona will be like as a jodi. He seems at his best in less mainstream fare, and of course she seems to be effortless in any role she assumes, so it should be cool.

Simran said...

I'm SOOOOOOO excited for Prince-It's Showtime!! It's about time we get to see some more Vivek :D

AWHH Shahrukh Khan looks amazing!

Loll, I actually don't mind looking at ugly pictures of celebrities ;)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl