Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday Gossip Post!

Hello! Hello!! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

I spent last night exporting clips from Glee for my planned Kurt-themed video set to Kanye's "Amazing." Yes. My life is pretty amazing.

Anyways...

Let's see what is happening in Tinsel Town!

* Trisha spills the beans on the first song shooting of Khatta Meetha!

“It was a night effect duet with Akshay, a traditional number with dancers in the background. I did a Kathak bit for the song in which I’ll be seen in an Indian costume. The song is a melodious number by Pritam. It is surely going to be a chartbuster."

Akshay... in a traditional song... *swoon*

* Ranbir has (smartly) refused an offer from RGV. It's better for him not to get mixed up in RGV's particular brand of crazy. Plus, I always get this impression that RGV takes the idea of "camps" and "enemies" really, really seriously. Ranbir doesn't need all that.

* Saifu is going vegetarian! (Yay!)

* Canada's prime minister, Stephen Harper, is traveling to India for trade talks and every paper seems to mention that Akshay Kumar will be coming to Canada for the Olympics. I like that the Vancouver Sun called him "Bollywood's answer to Brad Pitt." Does that make Twinkle Angelina Jolie?

* Oneindia runs down the biggest flops of the year. I'm going to wait until the end of the year to do my "Best Of/Worst Of" lists because I got into trouble last year for not including Ghajini, which released at the end of December.

Still, it's an enjoyable read:

What’s Your Raashee?: So what if it's a Ashutosh Gowariker's film? The director boasted that Priyanka Chopra would bag many awards for her role in the film but he went into hiding after the disappointing opening of the film. Priyanka's pairing with her supposed-to-be boyfriend Harman Baweja failed again after Love Story 2050.

* Bipasha and Vidya have made up. Does this mean we'll FINALLY see that John Abraham-Vidya Balan starrer? (Also, do you even know how disappointed I am that Ishqiya has to be reshot for the censors?! I'm DYING to see the Arshad-Vidya pairing.)

* Okay, number one, I love former U.S. President Jimmy Carter. He never treated the American public like idiots, which is perhaps partly why we didn't re-elect him and elected a former movie actor who gave cheerfully inane speeches to replace him. Well, President Carter is off building homes for Habitat for Humanity with John Abraham.

* Take this with a HUGE grain of salt: Vivek Oberoi is pondering arranged marriage. (And a note for Vivek: Filmi Girl, PhD is totally single.)

* Shahrukh thinks astrology is nonsense and refuses to change the release date for My Name is Khan.

* Vikram has donated 15 lakhs to help with flood relief in Andhra Pradesh.

Okay, a few pictures today...

Prepare yourself for some bad news: The "formal bandana" is back.



Bebo is trying a Katrina Kaif look here and it doesn't work for her. Also, Aamir looks ANCIENT! DUDE!


And here is Akki making my ovaries explode because of the extreme cuteness that results whenever he is around children.

He is receiving the Olympic torch from Prime Minister Harper!

6 comments:

ajnabi said...

Aamir does look really tired in that pic with Bebo. Too much promotion.

I'm sure you know someone who knows someone who's got Vivek's cell number. Have the parental unit of your choice give his a call. LOL (Then I can brag, "Oh, yeah. Filmi Girl Oberoi? I knew her when she was a fangirl.")

And did you see I took you up on the Bollywood snark challenge?

Filmi Girl said...

@ajnabi Do you think Stacy will put in a good word for me?! LOL!

re: The snark

I haven't checked it out yet but I will!

rhilex said...

Saif looks like some kind of... biker. Dear god, please don't have him bring out a some chaps next! *horrified*

I love you, Saifu, but this is ridiculous.

Anita said...

Omg WTF is Akki doing with my Prime Minister?!! Sooooo bizarre!!!!! XD

E said...

Oh, the bandanna's gotta go - I could've sworn they went the way of the dodo already. That, with the stubble and longish hair is an early 90's look right out of "El mariachi"..

Good for ShahRukh!! I'm glad to see a big star with common sense. Love him!!

Rum said...

OMGGGG AKSHAY WITH HARPER!!!!!! SQUEAL!!!! He looks so cute here and harper looks so stuffy lol! He's running for cover coz Akshay looks so HAWT!
Sorry for that i needed to have a pretend nationalist squeal with Akki in canada!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl