I spent last night exporting clips from Glee for my planned Kurt-themed video set to Kanye's "Amazing." Yes. My life is pretty amazing.
Let's see what is happening in Tinsel Town!
* Trisha spills the beans on the first song shooting of Khatta Meetha!
“It was a night effect duet with Akshay, a traditional number with dancers in the background. I did a Kathak bit for the song in which I’ll be seen in an Indian costume. The song is a melodious number by Pritam. It is surely going to be a chartbuster."
Akshay... in a traditional song... *swoon*
* Ranbir has (smartly) refused an offer from RGV. It's better for him not to get mixed up in RGV's particular brand of crazy. Plus, I always get this impression that RGV takes the idea of "camps" and "enemies" really, really seriously. Ranbir doesn't need all that.
* Saifu is going vegetarian! (Yay!)
* Canada's prime minister, Stephen Harper, is traveling to India for trade talks and every paper seems to mention that Akshay Kumar will be coming to Canada for the Olympics. I like that the Vancouver Sun called him "Bollywood's answer to Brad Pitt." Does that make Twinkle Angelina Jolie?
* Oneindia runs down the biggest flops of the year. I'm going to wait until the end of the year to do my "Best Of/Worst Of" lists because I got into trouble last year for not including Ghajini, which released at the end of December.
Still, it's an enjoyable read:
What’s Your Raashee?: So what if it's a Ashutosh Gowariker's film? The director boasted that Priyanka Chopra would bag many awards for her role in the film but he went into hiding after the disappointing opening of the film. Priyanka's pairing with her supposed-to-be boyfriend Harman Baweja failed again after Love Story 2050.
* Bipasha and Vidya have made up. Does this mean we'll FINALLY see that John Abraham-Vidya Balan starrer? (Also, do you even know how disappointed I am that Ishqiya has to be reshot for the censors?! I'm DYING to see the Arshad-Vidya pairing.)
* Okay, number one, I love former U.S. President Jimmy Carter. He never treated the American public like idiots, which is perhaps partly why we didn't re-elect him and elected a former movie actor who gave cheerfully inane speeches to replace him. Well, President Carter is off building homes for Habitat for Humanity with John Abraham.
* Take this with a HUGE grain of salt: Vivek Oberoi is pondering arranged marriage. (And a note for Vivek: Filmi Girl, PhD is totally single.)
* Shahrukh thinks astrology is nonsense and refuses to change the release date for My Name is Khan.
* Vikram has donated 15 lakhs to help with flood relief in Andhra Pradesh.
Okay, a few pictures today...
Prepare yourself for some bad news: The "formal bandana" is back.
Bebo is trying a Katrina Kaif look here and it doesn't work for her. Also, Aamir looks ANCIENT! DUDE!
And here is Akki making my ovaries explode because of the extreme cuteness that results whenever he is around children.
He is receiving the Olympic torch from Prime Minister Harper!