Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday Gossip! Super-hit Post!

I know we've been waiting all week for this - new movie release day! I can't wait to see Ajab Prem Ki...!

Attention Kansas City area folks - Check out these film screenings! Now is your chance to see London Dreams and Ajab Prem Ki... on the big screen at Studio 30!

Let's see what is happening in Tinsel Town!

* UK newspaper The Telegraph got to their profile of Katrina Kaif before I could write mine!! Check it out!

"As a girl I was fascinated about collecting marbles and my two elder sisters used to make me wash dishes in exchange for giving me marbles, which used to be the most precious possessions to me," she said.

"I never knew that the marbles were very cheap and my sisters were fooling with me to do their work."


See! Don't you love her, too, now?

* Does anyone know where I might be able to find this - 1 13 part series on the lives of Muslim women called Sehar.

It features not only icons like Shabana Azmi and Sania Mirza but also other “strong and visionary” women engaged in activities such as boxing and bowling, not normally perceived to be the domain of Muslim women. “These women have taken brave steps forward and their stories will offer new insights into the situation of Muslim women in India,” says Yasmin, adding that Sehar offers a dramatic contrast to the stereotypes of Muslim women “created mostly by the media which latches on to issues such as triple talaq or polygamy, or the recent case of Gudia (Imrana).”

* Hot uncle (and consistently underrated) Suniel Shetty won the Best Actor award at the SAIFF in New York City! Congratulations, Suniel!

* Just another reason to love Ranvir Shorey - he is willing to gain 15 kgs for a film role. In this instance - a film called Fatso.

* And another Ashutosh Gowarikar film I won't be seeing - Khelenge Hum Jee Jaan Se - the one Asin walked out of. Why? Deepika Padukone has been brought on instead. If she didn't have chemistry opposite SRK, Akshay Kumar, or Saif Ali Khan - the lesser talents of Abhishek Bachchan have no hope. I mean, Akshay Kumar has chemistry with EVERYONE... I'm 99% sure he's going to sizzle with Trisha, too. But Deepika was like a blank slate in CC2C...

Sikander Kher (Kirron Kher's son) will also be seen again in this film.

* Ajay Devgan refuses to accept that the Khans rule Bollywood.

"It is totally wrong to say or assume that the Khans dominate the Bollywood film industry. I try to do the best I can."

Aw!!! The Khans don't dominate my heart, Ajay!! It's all you and Mr. Akshay Kumar!

* Shotgun Sinha discusses his new movie and his rivalry with the Big B!

* Danny Boyle has made a mess of the Slumdog kids' lives. I wonder if he really thought through what he was doing by plucking these kids out of the slums...


Bebo showing a hint of cleavage on the cover of Hi Blitz...


Abhishek and Vidya promoting Paa - I know I've been silent on this film but Amitabh's make-up job REALLY freaks me out. I don't think I could watch a whole movie with him looking like that. It's so CREEPY! Also, didn't they have somebody to do Vidya's hair before a publicity event!


Aishwarya celebrating her Filmfare cover!


The 3 Idiots! I always check Aamir's shoes to see how high his lifts are in any photo op. Sharma Joshi must be a small man, as well. I haven't seen him since... Golmaal, maybe?


Bipasha Basu sporting some ill-advised bangs for a deodorant promotion. She doesn't even look like herself here...


Ranbir and Katrina promoting Ajab Prem Ki...


SHE'S SO CUTE!! I love that pink dress!!


Can you imagine having to deal with this? I'd be terrified.

8 comments:

shell said...

Bipasha almost looks like Alycia Keys in that photo I think. Also, omg, I saw a pic a while ago of Amitabh's character but it didn't look nearly as creepy as this one. Not sure about that one.

myrna-nora said...

I don't think I would have ever recognized Big B if I didn't already know it was him. I am creeped out as well.

ajnabi said...

I love that cover of Hi! Blitz, and I very rarely say that.

Gauri Radha said...

Cool pics! I like the traditional costume in the first photo.

E said...

Kareena looks just gorgeous in that pic! I love the colors of her sari.

And I am I the only one who thinks Aish looks better with LESS makeup on? She's so naturally beautiful she doesn't need all that war paint.

claire said...

@E i agree with you about aish and make-up
i think all that make p actually makes her look OLDER than she is! and she looks younger and fresher with some light make up

martoufmarty said...

I think the lipstick looks great, it's just the eyeshadow that just looks... eh...

And I like Bipasha's bangs...

Filmi Girl said...

Aw!! I'm glad everybody liked Bebo's more traditional avatar! :D I think she looked beautiful! I'm kind of tempted to ebay that issue of the 50 most beautiful...

I guess myrna_nora and I are the only ones creeped out at the Big B's gross make-up for Paa! LOL! Who knows - maybe it will be another Elephant Man and I'll be comparing Big B with John Hurt's masterful performance. :D

Actually, I would LOVE to see David Lynch try his hand at a Bollywood-style narrative!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl