Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Gossip - Grab Bag Edition!

Jeez! You guys, I woke up this morning convinced that it was Saturday. Not a great start to the morning.

Anyways, I've got a ton of odds and ends for you today.

But first, my music review for 3 Idiots is up over at Bollyspice.com. Spoiler altert: I hated it. While I've gotten some criticism already because of it, let me just say that I wasn't judging how well the songs fit in the movie - for all I know, they fit their situations perfectly - but I was doing a music review, looking at the songs as songs. (And they except for "Aal Izz Well", they stink.)

Speaking of things that stink - I will not be watching Aao Wish Karein because I think Aftab Shivdasani can't act worth beans and fortunately it seems as if I won't be missing much.

NDTV gives it half a star saying "Week after week, critics lament the lack of original work in Bollywood. But after watching Aao Wish Karein, an agonizingly boring rework of Tom Hanks' Big, I wished that the makers had been less original and copied more diligently."

Tum Mile doesn't look like my thing either - it looks like I'll be sticking with the Meena Kumari/Dharmendra film I got from Netflix this weekend.

Anyways, let's see what else is happening!

* A guest blogger over at Bollywood Hungama asks, "Why don't producers learn the basics of the film business?"

* Stardust has more on the Om Puri biography scandal.

* Nickelodeon has created a 2 minute Bollywood-flavored film for Spongebob Squarepants.

* Arya has walked out of Chikku Bukku, which also starred Shriya Saran.

* Katrina Kaif will put up nonsense - but only so much. She is angry about the marriage scam.

* Isha Sharvani (from Luck By Chance) is taking her dance troupe on tour to the US and UK!

* This isn't Bollywood related but it is cool - a girl beat up some eve teasers for following her!

The girl initially did not respond to eve-teaser act of following her but later took stiff action against him which he had never imagined. The girl in full public view took out her slipper and beat up the eve-teaser repeatedly.

* Madhur Bhandarkar can dish it out but not take it!! He doesn't want the media speculating on the charges of rape brought against him. So... he's willing to expose the secret underbelly of all industries but not his own?

* Finally, Mahesh Bhatt's son has been linked with that of one of the terrorist suspects caught in by the FBI.

4 comments:

ajnabi said...

Bollywood Bob! I love it! And since SpongeBob's already ridiculous in and of himself it's bound to be a lovely spectacle. :-)

To be honest, my hopes have been sinking lower and lower since the promos for 3 Idiots have released. It looks like a bunch of ham piled on a little eye-rolling cheeze. Oof.

Filmi Girl said...

Agreed on 3 Idiots - Aamir's bug eyes are too unnerving! I'll probably see it anyways for Bebo but my hopes aren't high... I hate whiny coming-of-age films.

martoufmarty said...

I just listened to the Three Idiots soundtrack, and I kind of want to bleach my brain. I couldn't listen to all of 'Give Me Some Sunshine' and 'Zoobi Doobi' they were just terrible.

'All Izz Well' isn't that bad. Hands down, yes - the best track. I actually quite like the remix of it.

It might have been my ears adjusting to my new noise canceling earphones, but I'm more inclined to think that it was 'Give Me Some Sunshine' and 'Zoobi Doobi' that's given me a headache lol.

Louella said...

3 idiots music is a crap. I agree in 100%.

Why Arya left Chikku Bukku? It can be a interesting movie - Amrita Rao's sis is debuting, Shriya is doing a vital role... After this strange movie called Naan Kadavul, which took 2 yers from Arya's life, sth strange happend to his head, it seems.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl