Monday, November 2, 2009

Can you believe it?! Monday!!

It's Monday again! I hope everyone had a nice Halloween weekend and wished a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Shahrukh and Aishwarya!

I'd like to point everyone towards this review of a documentary called Bleach, Nip, Tuck: The White Beauty Myth. It sounds interesting - and Bollywood actresses are called out for playing into the myth.

* Bebo is in Sydney and the local paper explains nicely who she is and uses a picture from 10 years ago to illustrate! Also, she and Saifu are going to speak to a global conference on terrorism (because there is nothing two wealthy jet-setting movie stars understand better).

Those of you in New York City, Dubai, and London may have a chance to meet with Saif and Bebo, since they'll be doing press in all three cities.

* In illicit meeting news - Hrithk Roshan and Mallika Sherawat were spotted together at the Beverly Hills Hotel!!! There is a video to prove it, too!

* Poor Rekha (the Kannada actress not REKHA-ji) is struggling to stay relevant when Kannada film producers are jetting off to Mumbai to look for heroines - like Celina Jaitley. I really like Rekha and I hope she gets more work. She was fantastic in Chellata and Hudugaata.


Shahrukh Khan - the birthday boy - at the Delhi half marathon!


Also there - Hrithik "gaining weight and growing a beard for Guzarish" Roshan and Amitabh "it's his hair in the sense that he purchased it" Bachchan!

12 comments:

moviemeh said...

Anil Kapoor doesn't have any lines in this Season 8 promo for 24 but there he is!

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20091028fox01

Filmi Girl said...

I saw that! I'm planning on watching this season because of Anil and a friend who is on! Maybe I'll do some episode recaps. :)

martoufmarty said...

Oh god, Hrithik looks TERRIBLE. Kind of like my sister's former boss' brother-in-law. Creepy...

But 24 PROMO! Woot!

ajnabi said...

I can't wait to read the White Beauty Myth article, but first I have to say, that explains why Mallika was tweeting about "don't believe anything the paper says!" a couple days ago. Oh dear.

E said...

This has got to be the worst picture of Hrithik(what is going on there?) - and the others don't look so hot either... It looks like a bad tribute to the late 70's.

shell said...

First, thank you for that amazing picture of Shah Rukh. I just finished my birthday blog tribute to him. Sigh!

Secondly I have to ditto E and say that that absolutely is the worst pic ever of Hrithik.

Also...
Amitabh "it's his hair in the sense that he purchased it" Bachchan!
LMAO!!!

Hii said...

Are we sure those aren't lookalikes?

There's definitely something wonky about that pic. The guys to the right seem to be channeling SRK and Shashi respectively.

Fleur said...

Those are look-a-likes, I can't believe some commenters fell for it . Newbies? Thanks for the SRk pic, he looks so handsome.

Filmi Girl said...

Hee! The look-a-likes are pretty good! I belive that is the same Shashi and Amitabh from my favorite youtube clip of all time - the BOOGIE WOOGIE look-a-like episode!!

shell said...

Ahh, I knew there was something off about that pic. Good God, I thought somewhere something was going terribly wrong with my favorite Bollywood dancer!

Filmi Girl said...

@shell LOL! I'm convinced that he's just going for the Guzarish look.

Any thoughts on the Hrithik/Mallika meeting?! I should e-mail her publicist for a clarification. ;P

E said...

For some reason it seems coincidental, or something completely business related, it looks so unlikely, no? Well, you never know when it comes to lustful one-nighters.. I would think that Hrithik is already in hot water with his family over the other alleged affair with his "Kites" co-star so he might be playing it safe for now, at least when his dad is around him..!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl