Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday! Update!

Well, now, the big film opening this weekend is Acid Factory with Dino Morea but I actually have time to go to the movies this weekend, so I might go see it. Either that or Wake Up Sid, which is still playing, if just to see Ranbir Kapoor in various states of undress.

Moving on, let's see what's happening in BollyTollyWood!

* Tarun Mansukhani scored himself a travel junket to Thailand and may possibly shoot some scenes for Dostana 2 there! John + Abhi on honeymoon?!

* People India has released their Best Dressed list and Anindita Ghose gives a delightfully snarky rundown of the celebs featured.

* Tamil cutie Kalki Koechlin gives a sweet interview about her new projects.

"Though I am working on a dark, edgy thriller with Anurag, I am also starting another venture with a new director called Bijoy Nambiar in a film called Shaitan. In that again, I will play an angst teenager. I seem to be attracted to roles that show an inner struggle because we live in a world that’s far less perfect and real stories interest me. However, I am also really keen to do a light-hearted comedy, I think, to make people laugh is one of the best feelings, and hope that an offer comes my way soon."

Rumor has it that the role in Shaitan had originally been Shruti Hasaan's but they decided to go with Kalki after Luck bombed.

* I don't remember if I posted this yesterdy - The Hindustan Times has a good interview with Bipasha Basu.

"Pankh had no reference point. It’s a bizarre character and though imaginary, a reality check for the boy who idolises her. It was a role that required me to ‘act’.

The fun part about being a movie star is that you’re actually an ordinary girl in an extraordinary world who gets to play some really outlandish roles and is idolised for these characters. I’ve hand-picked some really crazy roles but at the end of the day, I’m still a simple girl who goes to work, works out and returns home to her family and boyfriend.

I’m your girl-next-door and yet a fantasy woman to several young boys like Maradona in Pankh. Thank God, I haven’t met any of them. I don’t want to, it would be embarrassing!"

She is such a chatterbox!!

* Over at Bollyspice is an epic interview with Dino Morea, illustrated by copious stills of the handsome man in question. Mmmm....

2 comments:

ajnabi said...

I love knowing Kalki's getting more work!

And I really like Bips' chatterbox-ness. I flatly refuse, however, to believe she's "just a simple girl." Though it is very good PR. ;-)

Filmi Girl said...

@ajnabi I agree!! She's an interesting actress for sure! And intelligent, too!

And Bipasha totally cracks me up! All of her interviews are so epic!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl