Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday! Thursday!

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the Mr. Singhs! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for other gems like that photo shoot.

And the reviews for Ek Niranjan are in - the consensus is that it's only for Prabhas fans, which is fine because I am a PRABHAS FAN! Kangana is singled out for not looking South Indian and... the comedy track is supposed to be stupid. So, we can all wait for DVD.

Let's see what is happening in Tinsel Town!

* I cannot wait for London Dreams!!! EEEE!!! This interview with Vipul Shah isn't helping.

How about Ajay? He is also quite intense once the camera starts rolling. Do we get to see trademark Ajay intensity?
That's right, you will actually get to see Ajay in the kind of performance for which he was roped in. I also have to highlight another facet of his acting. Since he is also a director, he is very clear about what a filmmaker would be expecting from him. Also, he is technically one of the strongest people I have come across. He knows everything about filmmaking and that reflects in his act. He is very knowledgeable and visualises everything about the scene before coming up with his take. Since I had such experienced men on board, I didn't have to do much explanation for him on a scene to scene basis.

* Okay, you might want to swallow your coffee or tea before you read this one - are you ready?

Steel your nerves...

Sanjay Dutt is starring opposite KANGANA RANAUT in a new film about an assassin. EWWWW! Kangana!!! Unless he's secretly playing your father, I am not watching this movie. It was bad enough watching Sanju paw Lara Dutta in Blue - at least Lara is in her 30s.

* The director of Harishchandrachi Factory has been denied a U.S. Visa. The film has been nominated as India's entry to the Oscars.

* For all you Americans, a few more Bollywood films are going to be available on Hulu - including Gangster and Love Story 2050. The press release says something about how after the success of Slumdog Millionaire, it shows that the west has a taste for Indian films that are a little parallel and a little commercial - okay, fine, but what does Love Story 2050 have to do with that?

* Zoya Akhtar's next film is a road movie set in Spain and starring her brother. Just don't have him play "25" or something, Zoya.

* The Shahid-Ayesha starrer Paathshala will finally be releasing soon!

And, finally, pictures!!


Shruti and Siddharth launching their new film!



Ranbir and Katrina walking the ramp...



And Katrina getting ready for an NDTV appearance...

4 comments:

rhilex said...

People need to STOP putting Sanjay Dutt in roles that require him to romance heroines young enough to be his children. It's disgusting.

ajnabi said...

I agree with Alex, it's just nasty. Also it was one of the reasons I totally couldn't get into Munna Bhai. Yerk.

Kat's dress on the runway was fugly but I really like Ranbir's coat as a concept!

Why on earth would anyone market LS2050? It's like some exec in India had never heard of Hulu, had no idea what it was about, and said, "Sure, let's see if the goras will buy this crap since no desi would touch it with a ten-foot pole." LOL

martoufmarty said...

Sanjay Dutt - EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

The picture of Siddharth may or may not have had me going, "SIDDHARTH!!!!!!!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥"

And what's with everyone getting denied a U.S. Visa?

eliza bennet said...

Sanjay as MunnaBhai is the only time I like this actor. He is so good as MunnaBhai.

I completely agree on Siddarth comment. He is such a cutie and a very good actor too. He actually is one of the two actors who took my breath away the first time I saw them on screen (Siddarth in Rang De Basanti and the other is Leslie Cheung (R.I.P) in A Better Tomorrow.

Katrina is a perfect examply for the adjective "lovely".

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl